PDA

View Full Version : I Attacked The Harbor At Gibralter

Pooch
09-07-14, 10:40 AM
I just couldn't resist! I was doing the Monsun campaign. I left my harbor on the coast of France and headed south. Was supposed to sail around the southern tip of Africa but never got there. I little devil on my shoulder said, "Head into the Med. Go on! You know you wanna do it."
I hung a sharp turn to port.
I avoided all of the ship sightings. When south of the harbor I swung north.
Now what's really cool ,I think, is that I approached my first target without a shot being fired. I was on the surface for the entire operation. It's just the way it would have happened. They would have thought that I was a British sub. Two fish struck and then they started to shoot but it was too late. I wreaked havoc. Six or seven ships were burning or sinking by the time I high tailed it out of there.
Then I did something that I had yet to do in this game. Instead of just ending the mission, I decided to head all the way back to port and dock. I made it out of the Med and steered my boat north.
I made it back home in a pouring rainstorm. It was dark, too. Could hardly see a thing. I heard what I thought was thunder. It wasn't. British bombers were attacking the base!! Just like in Das Boot. Couldn't believe it. I decided to use my map to steer my way to the dock...and ran into a friendly ship!
"Forward torpedo tubes damaged! Periscope damaged!" Oh well, I ended the mission.
I know Gibraltar is a neutral harbor. Couldn't help myself. Doenitz said he's going to blame it on the Italians.
That was too much fun.

Aktungbby
09-07-14, 01:54 PM
You must be wearin' the Knight's Cross with swords, diamonds and oak(not gold) leaves for this one!:woot: That is actually fun to do though especially when a carrier enters the harbor as well, fulfilling the 'group H' 2 carrier mission.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Knight%27s_Cross_of_the_Iron_Cross_with_Oakleaves% 2C_Swords%2C_and_Diamonds.png (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/22/Knight%27s_Cross_of_the_Iron_Cross_with_Oakleaves% 2C_Swords%2C_and_Diamonds.png):Kaleun_Salute:

Pooch
09-07-14, 07:34 PM
So you've done this , too? And ran into carrier!!? I'm new to SH5, but figured there had to be others who raided Gibraltar. It's just too tempting. The refueling U-boat I was supposed to rendezvous with on my way to the Indian Ocean must still be out there waiting for me!