PDA

View Full Version : im having a problem w/ traveller mod

avers
08-29-14, 07:21 PM
hey guys, I just did the edit to traveler mod so I can use hydrophones on the surface, but whenever ships load like a convoy the game crashes and its because of traveler mod. what should I do?

in_vino_vomitus
08-29-14, 07:37 PM
hey guys, I just did the edit to traveler mod so I can use hydrophones on the surface, but whenever ships load like a convoy the game crashes and its because of traveler mod. what should I do?

Disable the mod - or reinstall the original

avers
08-29-14, 07:56 PM
hey, I just tried playing without editing traveler mod and activated it after RSRDC v5xx patch1 and the game still crashed when ships started loading! whats the problem?

in_vino_vomitus
08-29-14, 08:07 PM
hey, I just tried playing without editing traveler mod and activated it after RSRDC v5xx patch1 and the game still crashed when ships started loading! whats the problem?

Well - You're not really giving enough information, but my game plays fine, so there's a limit to how invested I can get with this. I suggest you disable all of your mods and reinstall them until you find the one that's giving you the problem and then learn to live without it.

avers
08-29-14, 08:11 PM
Traveller mod is the problem and the reason why this is bothering me is because a while ago I played with TMO, RSRDC and trav mod and the game worked perfectly fine and I don't under stand why trav mod is causing this problem.

avers
08-29-14, 08:12 PM
The mod list I'm trying is

TMO 2.5
TMO small patch
RSRDC TMO v502
RSRDC v5xx patch
Traveller mod v2.6

Armistead
08-30-14, 09:51 AM
Give more info! Are you saying the game loads fine, but when any group of ships spawn near you it crashes or the game crashes from the start?

Several have had a problem with his mod with certain ships spawning causing crashes, but it appears to be a few platforms. Trav stated he didn't have time to track the problem down as of yet and believe he stated for those that have issues to delete the campaign files from his mod. I would find the trav mod thread and read towards the end where this problem is discussed.

avers
08-30-14, 10:08 AM
ok here's exactly what's happening, I get to the main menu and then I go to the single missions and load the mission called "uss archer-fish" (this is a mission from the RSRDC mod). the mission loads fine. I then click on "return to course" then I put the TC to 256. then when I get near the task force in that mission the game will start to stutter and spawn the task force. but when the game starts spawning the task force the game will freeze and then crash.

avers
08-30-14, 08:26 PM
wait a minute! I just installed traveler mod and loaded up the mission called "Tokyo express" and when the convoy in that mission started spawning the game didn't crash when the game stuttered. does traveler mod make some single missions buggy?

Fish40
08-31-14, 08:03 AM
Try the 4gig patch (utility). Could be a memory usage problem. Installing that patch cured my CTD's when nearing large convoys and Task Forces. It couldn't hurt.

Pisces
08-31-14, 08:24 AM
Or the possible bug that Traveller admited (due to several reports in the later pages thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=203542 ) can be narrowed down with the difference between these two missions (meaning which units is contains).

It seems a good chance that one of the units in the mission "uss archer-fish" is not correctly working/spawning/loading. Make a mission for each of the units contained in this mission, and see which one fails to spawn or makes the game crash. That's how you test a bug in a mod. But then comes the hard part in digging for bugs. What is wrong inside those files!?!

merc4ulfate
09-07-14, 04:35 PM
Traveller mod isn't the problem ... your edit of it was.