PDA

View Full Version : New to all this...and TMO

RattyB
08-21-14, 12:05 PM
Hi,

I've just updated my stock game with the TMO mod - apologies if I'm asking the wrong people about this - I found that I can no longer get an external view of my sub, even though I have this option enabled in my game settings. Is this correct, or has the key command changed. I've looked through the manual and I can't find anything about the external view being removed. Also, the sea is a very vivid colour, is this correct or have I got a graphics glitch?

Regards,

Ratty.

fitzcarraldo
08-21-14, 12:19 PM
Hi,

I've just updated my stock game with the TMO mod - apologies if I'm asking the wrong people about this - I found that I can no longer get an external view of my sub, even though I have this option enabled in my game settings. Is this correct, or has the key command changed. I've looked through the manual and I can't find anything about the external view being removed. Also, the sea is a very vivid colour, is this correct or have I got a graphics glitch?

Regards,

Ratty.

Welcome aboard!

In TMO you have by default the external views off. You need to open the commands.cfg file (SH4/Data) with a text editor, search the entries for the external views (I remember they as 52 or 53), and eliminate the semicolons (";") before the texts. Then you will have the external views.

BTW, it is explained in the TMO manual.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

adrians69
08-21-14, 12:21 PM
I use the TMO mod and external views work fine, although I don't use it. (I play on 100% realism now). Try re-installing the mod, that nornally fixes most problems.

Adrian

RattyB
08-21-14, 04:37 PM
Welcome aboard!

In TMO you have by default the external views off. You need to open the commands.cfg file (SH4/Data) with a text editor, search the entries for the external views (I remember they as 52 or 53), and eliminate the semicolons (";") before the texts. Then you will have the external views.

BTW, it is explained in the TMO manual.

Best regards.

Thanks for the info. I found the commands to edit, however I can't save the changes - I get 'access denied' when I try and save. I'm using notepad to edit the file. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

RattyB
08-21-14, 04:50 PM
Update...I'm managed to sort out the editing and saving the file. The commands for external view are 50 and 51. I've removed the "" from around the command key, but I still can't get the view. It's somewhat annoying as I like looking at the other ships and my own sub in the game.

THEBERBSTER
08-21-14, 05:06 PM
A warm welcome ‘RattyB’ to the Subsim family.:subsim:

You will always find someone here to help you.:)

Link to my SH5 – SH4 posts:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It:salute:

Also Included Are Some Useful Download Links

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804)

in_vino_vomitus
08-21-14, 05:44 PM
When you're in the office, just before setting out on patrol, there's a file on the shelf which if you mouseover will say "Options" select that - go to "Gameplay Options" and untick "No external view" - that should do the biz....

fitzcarraldo
08-21-14, 05:52 PM
Update...I'm managed to sort out the editing and saving the file. The commands for external view are 50 and 51. I've removed the "" from around the command key, but I still can't get the view. It's somewhat annoying as I like looking at the other ships and my own sub in the game.

In your SH4 folder\Data\Cfg\commands.cfg, you need these lines "as are in default" for external views:

[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714

[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714

In TMO these lines look as:

;[Cmd50]
Name=Camera_on_next_unit
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBE,,">"
Page=0x34000000,3714

;[Cmd51]
Name=Camera_on_prev_unit
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBC,,"<"
Page=0x34000000,3714

Simply remove the ";".

Do it in your SH4 folder AFTER TMO applied. Or change these values BEFORE activation of TMO in the TMO mod folder and AFTER that, apply the mod.

And check in the options-gameplay menu of the game, if the No External View is unchecked.

Regards.

fireftr18
08-21-14, 08:51 PM
Welcome aboard RattyB! :salute:

Make sure you're editing the files in the "Data" folder. Also, it needs to be done while in port for it to take effect. You may have to start a new career.

Aktungbby
08-22-14, 02:43 AM
RattyB!:Kaleun_Salute:

RattyB
08-22-14, 06:37 AM
Sorted! Thanks chaps. I still have one slight niggle. I've now got external view, but it appears to be free camera so I can't lock onto what I'm viewing.

Jimbuna
08-22-14, 06:49 AM
Welcome :sunny:

RattyB
08-25-14, 07:11 AM
Everything seems to be working now. How do I install the TMO 2.5 Patch fix? The instructions in the download file make little sense to me.

in_vino_vomitus
08-25-14, 07:58 AM
Everything seems to be working now. How do I install the TMO 2.5 Patch fix? The instructions in the download file make little sense to me.

Unzip it into the MODS folder and install with JSGME as far as I recall...

RattyB
08-25-14, 09:00 AM
Got it, thanks!