PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Fire Gun

Red Devil
08-18-14, 08:03 AM
My main armament has gone into rapid fire, load in a second and sink a large freighter in a minute. I dont like it, its too easy and was wondering how to reset main armament to normal. I did manual inserts of mods so can eqsily 'tweak' a file setting if I knew which one.

could it be websters improved deck gun? It seems like the only one that I may/may not have installed that would do it. PS Webby - its not an improvement!!! It fires faster than I can hit the space bar!!!

Data\Library\USSubParts

and a shells.zon file

were the files altered

andy_311
08-18-14, 08:17 PM
the file your looking for is in Data/Library/USSubparts deck_Gun and look for whatever deckgun you got installed open it and look at the clip size which should be 1 and reload time

Red Devil
08-19-14, 06:59 AM
Cheers Andy, yes it was the websters upgrade that changed it.

Red Devil
08-19-14, 07:02 AM
its the 4.5 gun settings but I can only get them to open 'in code' - so unable to alter. Can someone send me a 'clean' library/us sub parts folder and I'll torpedo this one.

andy_311
08-19-14, 09:55 AM
download s3d editor and you can edit the file yourself
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571

Red Devil
08-19-14, 11:29 AM
thanks, and installed. But going out so will run later :up:

Webster
08-19-14, 12:09 PM
My main armament has gone into rapid fire, load in a second and sink a large freighter in a minute. I dont like it, its too easy and was wondering how to reset main armament to normal. I did manual inserts of mods so can eqsily 'tweak' a file setting if I knew which one.

could it be websters improved deck gun? It seems like the only one that I may/may not have installed that would do it. PS Webby - its not an improvement!!! It fires faster than I can hit the space bar!!!

Data\Library\USSubParts

and a shells.zon file

were the files altered

well its a gun "upgrade" mod or a cheat mod and says what it will do in the read me and you chose to use the mod so its not the mods fault for doing what it said it would lol.

my mod does not go faster then you can hit the space bar so maybe you used someone elses version or there is a mod soup thing doing on causing it not to work right.

WEBSTER's Upgraded Deck Gun for v1.4 and v1.5
----------------------------------------------------------------
First off, yes there have been simular mods done before but this is my version.
this is for those of you who are not looking for realism, but if you want to have some fun using the deck gun. i also added a lot of ammo and added a little more fire power to the shells while i was at it.
this is not a super guns mod but it does let you fire a shell every 2 seconds instead of the stock 4-5 second firing rate.
your deck gun shells will now sink an undamaged merchant ship after hitting it with an average of 20 shells.

there are two versions to choose from:
"WEBSTER's Upgraded Deck Gun v1" eliminates all crew fatigue
"WEBSTER's Upgraded Deck Gun v2" makes no changes to crew fatigue
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mod will increase the damage caused by your deck gun shells by increasing the shells effective strength (explosive impact) and i also increased all the shell speeds to 1000 from where they were originally set at 3.50 @ 823, 4.50 @ 884, and 5.25 @ 800 so you should have a little less droop or downward angle.
shell reload times are now set at 2 seconds for faster firing rate, the original stock setting was set at 4 seconds.
you now have a much larger ammo reserve so you wont run out during your mission.
i have increased all of the AA guns ammo reserves as well but left the effective strength of them alone.
v2 of this mod also eliminates crew fatigue so you dont have to bother with crew management but if you dont want crew fatigue changed then just delete the cfg folder before you use the mod.
this mod works fine for stock v1.4 and v1.5
use at your own risk but i dont think there should be any issues with other mods.
enjoy! WEBSTER

Red Devil
08-19-14, 06:22 PM
Webbie, I am not blaming you at all, it was my choice BUT, its very fast and utterly unrealistic. Yes, it may have been intended as a bit of fun, I was not aware of that, I thought it was a solid game improvement.