PDA

View Full Version : Hello and a question

NebulaPC
08-13-14, 05:56 PM
Hello everyone. I own the steam version of SH4 and I was wondering if the OM 7.XX mod works with it, or if any mods work with it. Do I need to torrent a different copy for mods to work? I tried installing the mod using JGSME but I dont think its working because on the campaign selection screen I only see the original pacific theatre options? Am I missing something here? How do I install this mod correctly? Thanks for the help.

Aktungbby
08-13-14, 06:50 PM
NebulaPC!:Kaleun_Salute:

NebulaPC
08-13-14, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the hello, but I really would like to know how to use the OM mod, I have no interest in Pacific operations. It says the mod is activated in JGSME but I dont see any way to start an Atlantic campaign. Help please!

cdrsubron7
08-13-14, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the hello, but I really would like to know how to use the OM mod, I have no interest in Pacific operations. It says the mod is activated in JGSME but I dont see any way to start an Atlantic campaign. Help please!

You'll need the v1.5 of SH$ in order for OM to work correctly. I hope that's what your steam version is.

You can find the JSGME here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4333).

The JSGME User Guide here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3814).

Hope this helps. :D

BTW, Welcome to Subsim.

NebulaPC
08-14-14, 02:06 AM
Yeah the version on the main screen says 1.3...There are no further updates for the steam version so I guess I will just have to torrent a boxed copy...

NebulaPC
08-14-14, 02:48 AM
Apparently I have to spend 10 bucks to get the UBM DLC off steam to get to version 1.5 and theres no torrent for the whole thing... No sub simming for me I guess...

Jimbuna
08-14-14, 04:54 AM
Yeah the version on the main screen says 1.3...There are no further updates for the steam version so I guess I will just have to torrent a boxed copy...

Apparently I have to spend 10 bucks to get the UBM DLC off steam to get to version 1.5 and theres no torrent for the whole thing... No sub simming for me I guess...

Talk of torrents on this forum is frowned upon, mainly because of what so many of them are associated with.

Tis a shame you consider $10 so restrictive but obviously everyone has a different set of financial circumstances/priorities.

I hope you find a quick and acceptable outcome for your predicament.