PDA

View Full Version : DD_OH_V3.09 Questions

scott10301
08-02-14, 11:30 AM
I've started using the DD_OH mod and I have a couple of questions.

1. It works great if I start a single mission or start a new career, but for my existing career, the shift+H, ctrl+h commands do nothing. The stays closed all the time. Is there a way to get it working with my existing career?

2. I don't like the default location of the camera in the command room view. How do I put it back to where it was stock?

I'm using GWX 3.0 and flags&Pens mods...

scott10301
08-02-14, 07:37 PM
I only ask because the thread for this mod has 100+ pages :o and I only got to page 6 before I decided to google for the answer. Unfortunately, the only relevant hit I got was to this thread! Time to start over? I was doing pretty dang good on my current career.. :arrgh!:

scott10301
08-03-14, 09:11 AM
Got it figured out. Well, actually, my 10 year old son figured it out for me... You have to have the Weapons Officer at his station in order to open/close the hatch. Makes sense.

BigWalleye
08-03-14, 10:37 AM
Got it figured out. Well, actually, my 10 year old son figured it out for me... You have to have the Weapons Officer at his station in order to open/close the hatch. Makes sense.

Scxott, I originally started to post about the Weps-on-station issue. But I inferred from your post that the problem only occurred in a saved career. I haven't had the experience of the Weps being in his rack when I am on patrol, only in the school missions. So I assumed your problem was related to something else. Why was your Weps off station? That would seem to be a problem in itself.

scott10301
08-03-14, 01:16 PM
Why was your Weps off station? That would seem to be a problem in itself.

I guess I'm doing it wrong. lol... I was just pulling out of port at L orient and was trying out the hatch. I usually have my WE with an additional rating of machinist or watchman so I can use him elsewhere when we're not in battle. I do put him at station whenever I'm anywhere near an enemy.

I've learned a lot that is not obvious to the casual observer from this site, and am sure there's much more. What, in your opinion, is the downside to the approach I use?

BigWalleye
08-03-14, 04:25 PM
I guess I'm doing it wrong. lol... I was just pulling out of port at L orient and was trying out the hatch. I usually have my WE with an additional rating of machinist or watchman so I can use him elsewhere when we're not in battle. I do put him at station whenever I'm anywhere near an enemy.

I've learned a lot that is not obvious to the casual observer from this site, and am sure there's much more. What, in your opinion, is the downside to the approach I use?

Aside from the problem closing the hatches (:)), nothing I can think of. But I just set a normal underway watch and let it go. Maybe I'm the one missing something.

I do find that it helps to load up the relevant duty station with qualified POs in stress situations, like shifting torpedoes, damage repair, or gunnery action. There are more of them and they can really fill up the little green bar. I cover the officer spot then, too.

I use SH3 Commander, so after my shakedown cruise, every officer has 3 quals. Helmsman rating is inoperative, gunnery and tronics are PO skills, and a gefreiter is good enough for medic (Sanitatsgefreiter Neumann:)). So that leaves Watch, Engineering, Torpedo, and Repair as the officer quals. Five officers and four quals means each officer can cover three slots. Always plenty to go around.

BTW, I play "No Fatigue." I don't like it, and I long for the SH4 watch and GQ system. But I like even less the idea that I, as the boat commander, have to tuck the girls into their beds. No RL Kaleun ever had to do that! YMMV.