PDA

View Full Version : ive encounterd some problems, help!

avers
07-24-14, 01:27 PM
hey, I just played my 4th patrol in sh4 with mods and I've encountered some things that may be problems. 1st I went into Rabaul in march 1942 and there weren't many patrols outside the port is that normal for the time? 2nd when I shot torpedoes at the merchant ships inside Rabaul the torpedoes that hit there targets didn't put holes in the ships but they started to sink. 3rd the torpedoes that were duds I watched them hit the ship underwater but they didn't bounce they did the exploding animation but there was no explosion sound or splash of water, is that normal? 4th when I shot at a tanker the torpedo hit and there was no hole in the ship and it didn't even sink, is there a fix for that? and lastly most ships that I did sink there were times when there entire hull was underwater but I didn't the ,"she's going down", message and I had to shoot another torp in to them, is that a bug? please help!!!

my mods

tmo 2.5
tmo small patch
rsrdc tmo v502
rsrdc patch
trav mod (I edited this one to use hydrophones on the surface)
SCAF for TMO 2
max optics iv
NMMO v2.1
NMMO airbase add on
NMMO patch with AB

fireftr18
07-24-14, 08:45 PM
Patrols around Rabaul: Not sure exactly what you mean. You won't find many patrols around any port, 2 or 3 at the most.
Holes in ships: It's graphics model thing. The holes are just eye candy, I don't think anyone really knows at which point in damage the game starts producing holes in the ships. You can call it a bug, but it only effects the visual effect, not the damage model.
Dud torpedoes: I haven't used the event camera in long time. It sounds like a graphics bug.
No hole in the tanker: The tanker is damaged, just not enough for the game to tell the graphics to make a hole.
Hull under water, but no "sinking" message: That happens. I'm not sure at what point the game gives the message. Just be patient.

avers
07-24-14, 09:07 PM
Can saving and exiting the game in an enemy port cause bugs the next time u load that save? Because I did that and I damaged a ship and it was half submerged and the ships propeller wasen't moving and the ship was moving and got outside the harbour.

fitzcarraldo
07-24-14, 09:11 PM
I had a lot of problems with Traveller mod. Try without it.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

captgeo
07-25-14, 07:36 AM
oh yes, saves near any enemy ships can cause problems, try to be out of visual range before save

Armistead
07-25-14, 08:57 AM
When you save, do so..totally out of contact, not just visual. When you save your game has to save all the info of all the platforms in your contact zone, ships, planes, ports, etc....and process all the damage info, etc. It is somewhat bugged in doing this, you reload, damage screens can clear, but damage still be there, crew heals up, etc. The more stuff around the more has to be saved and processed, so try not to save near anything.

Sinking ships in port can be an issue, because often they bottom out and don't sink all the way. You usually get a sinking message when the majority of the deck goes totally under water. If you can't sink it with flooding, you have to sink it based on damage points, so often you'll need more torps.

As stated, holes are eye candy...Each damage zone will give you a few holes, so further torps won't cause holes. I also think each zone has a sweet spot for the hole, so often you won't get a hole.

Can't explain why your torp dud hit and exploded...

I tend to agree Trav 2.6 had some issues. I don't play right now, but I prefer Trav 2.2, much more stable. Be nice if someone could upload it.