PDA

View Full Version : my game crashes!

avers
07-21-14, 01:36 PM
hey guys, whenever I load up a single mission or start a career in sh4 my game crashes after a few minutes of playing also sometimes there are textures missing. my jsgme list is

RFB 2.0
RFB 2.0 patch
RSRDC RFB V575
RSRDC V5xx patch1
NMMO v2.1
NMMO airbase add on
NMMO patch with AB
pre pearl harbor start RFB RSRDC
improved stock environment for TMO&RFB

how do I fix this crashing problem (btw for those who have been helping me sense I got sh4, this is on my 2nd copy of sh4 the other one still has TMO I just wanted to try to play with RFB)? Also I play with graphic settings on high.

Fish40
07-21-14, 05:38 PM
First off, I assume you're using version 1.5 of the game correct? If not, that's your problem straight away. The mods you list are compatible with version 1.5. If you do have the 1.5 version, it would be a good start to list your system specs. so we could have a look see. Until then, we can't really give you a helpful answer.

captgeo
07-21-14, 06:02 PM
not only what the above posted but RFB has a great enviro pkg already, you do not need that last MOD

, try using just RFB and RSRD alone before you add ANYTHING else.

NMMO is for OM not for RFB

avers
07-21-14, 06:06 PM
I have ver 1.5 and it's actually a problem with NMMO I tested without ISE and it still crashed. Specs: processor: Intel core i5 4670k graphics card: asus hd 7770 and power supply: corsair cx 500.

captgeo
07-21-14, 06:08 PM
get rid of NMMO or whatever that is, its for Op Monsun

avers
07-21-14, 06:10 PM
Do u know what NMMO is,captgeo?

avers
07-21-14, 06:13 PM
Ok I thought u did't no my mistake.

captgeo
07-21-14, 06:15 PM
yes, but from other post's I have read I would get rid of all but the primary MOD that you want, then try one at a time add on untill you know the game is stable with no conflict's, I have had MOD soup before and it is NO fun to fix

avers
07-21-14, 06:31 PM
I deactivated all mods except for the main mod and I activated NMMO v2.1 and it already crashed after a few min.

avers
07-21-14, 06:38 PM
Maybe I installed it incorrectly. This is what I did. I downloaded the mod extracted it and when I opened the folder there was nothing but another folder that said NMMO v2.1 (it actually said the full name I just did't type it for the sake of room) I open that folder and I saw the data folder, a folder that says optional mod and inside that was the NMMO air base add on. And the support folder so I copied and pasted the NMMO airbase add on folder in to the MODS folder and deleted the optional mod folder. Then I deleted the support folder and put NMMO v2.1 into the mods folder and activated it (I only activated NMMO v2.1 NOT the airbase addon).

captgeo
07-21-14, 08:28 PM
oh, sounds like trouble, I do not know enough to answer that problem other then you might have double folder problem's like I had with JSGME a while back.

to solve that all I did was seperate the folders from each other and ONLY imported the one folder that I needed

TorpX
07-21-14, 11:21 PM
NMMO is Nav Map Make Over. It only changes the navigation map and there have been a number of versions. v2.1 should be ok with RFB (there is another one for OM). It has quite a few downloads, so if there is a problem with it, somebody should report it.

I would follow Captgeo's advice and add the mods one at a time and see how you fare. You might have gotten a corrupt download, or such.

You are changing mods in port, right?

avers
07-21-14, 11:24 PM
Actually the problem is not NMMO when I tried RFB 2.0, RFB 2.0 patch, RSRDC RFB v575 and RSRDC v5xx patch1. The game still crashed after a few minutes. What do I do?

avers
07-21-14, 11:24 PM
Also I haven't even started a career.

TorpX
07-21-14, 11:36 PM
Hmmmm..........

I assume you have v1.5 of the game. If not that is the problem.

If you have Steam or a download, I can't help you. I only have used the disc. version.

Try disabling all mods and check if the stock game will run. If not, the game files are corrupt.

Fish40
07-22-14, 04:40 AM
You didn't state how much RAM you have, or your OS. Try downloading the 4 gig patch which I believe you could get in the D/L section. This utility allows SH4 to use more than 2 gigs of memory, and has cured many CTD problems for a lot of folks, including myself. It's easy to install and set up. It's worth a try.

SilentPrey
07-22-14, 09:17 AM
Or follow the instructions in this post if you have a Steam copy and can't use the 4gig patch:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202192