PDA

View Full Version : Possible Glitch?

Ski206
07-15-14, 09:25 PM
I recently downloaded SH4 to a Windows 7 Pro laptop and have been playing for a few weeks. I'm in career mode early war with a Tambor class boat. Several times when submerged with enemies nearby but without any action from them I've all of a sudden been overwhelmed by damage reports and the sub sinks.

A couple of examples. Cruising on the surface and radar detects a plane inbound so I dive to 100' never having seen the plane. All of a sudden I'm taking damage (no explosion sounds) and I'm dead.

Or tonight I maneuver dead center into a multi ship convoy pop off all 10 tubes sinking 3 ships with 2 damaged and then dive deep (@300') beneath a thermal layer to make good my escape. My escape takes me right under one of the merchies and while destroyers are milling about camera view shows none close and none dropping charges. Nor are the sounds of explosions heard. And yet in roll all the taking damage reports all of a sudden and down she goes.

Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

fireftr18
07-15-14, 09:31 PM
Welcome Ski206! :salute:
Which version do you have. Version 1.4 and earlier are very glitchy. Version 1.5, which is also the u-boat expansion fixes a lot of the glitches. If you have Gold, then you have 1.5.

Ski206
07-15-14, 09:54 PM
As far as I know there are no uboats in the game (I just bought it off Amazon via file download a few weeks ago) so that would be 1.4 or earlier. Is there a way to tell what version it is?

captgeo
07-15-14, 10:26 PM
if you do not have a German career it is 1.4 version

magic452
07-15-14, 11:32 PM
In the lower right hand corner of the load screen it will have the version number, v1.x. You must have at least v1.4 or the game really won't run right.
You can download the v1.4 patch at Ubisoft website.
The U boat missions v1.5 patch is far better but it cost extra. Most all newer mods are for v1.5 only.

Magic