PDA

View Full Version : Spammy Sonar guy

Lawlcat
07-14-14, 07:19 PM
Is there a way to fix a spammy sonar guy?

http://i.imgur.com/YYtpWjH.png

I've saved and reloaded, quit game entirely, etc. Using the Wolves of Steel mod on the Steam version.

My sonar guy just constantly spams me with new contact messages and it's extremely loud and annoying. I have him on normal sweep but setting him to follow a target doesn't help, he still does it.

He reports the same contacts over and over as we just sit below the surface not moving, or moving. The only way to not get spammed by him is to not dive

Captain_Leavitt
07-15-14, 01:48 PM
It sounds like it might be a problem with wolves of steel but it vary well could be any number of other mods you have installed that could be conflicting with it. I'm not 100% sure because I don't use that mod. The best advice I can give you is to post your entire mod list in your current load order providing you are using more then 1 mod which is most likely the cause. If you do that then we would be able to help you alot better.

Lawlcat
07-15-14, 03:05 PM
All I'm using is the Wolves of Steel mega pack as outlined in the thread, so my mod-list order is

The Wolves of Steel 1.02
The Wolves of Steel 1.02_Patch_5
The Wolves of Steel 1.02 - Realistic_Hydrophone_1_1
The Wolves of Steel - 16x9 Resolution Patch

There is a long list of mods included in the mega pack, so I don't really want to fill up this thread with them but they are on the first page here

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

I wasn't sure if this was a bug with the base game or with the mod pack or even maybe just a setting I had configured wrong.

vdr1981
07-15-14, 06:41 PM
It's due to bug in real
.Hydro optional mod. Remove it.

Lawlcat
07-15-14, 08:20 PM
It's due to bug in real
.Hydro optional mod. Remove it.

Great, thanks! I appreciate it :)

pythos
07-25-14, 02:38 PM
I have also encountered this. The major issue with this also is that the volume of this report is MUCH louder than the other voices, so it can be really jarring. I do hope the remedy posted can solve this issue.
What' funny is I get these reports, then request a nearest contact report and get the ever too common "no sound contact" :/\\!!

pythos
08-07-14, 08:17 PM
How do I go about removing a mod from a mod though?