PDA

View Full Version : Just a simple idea

mapuc
07-12-14, 02:53 PM
We have shortcut for almost every event B for RTB, but no shortcut for speed and altitude. In these two case we have to first press F2 and then set speed and perhaps altitude

Here's my idea
(speed control)
0=Stop(for Helicopters)
1=Loiter
2=Cruise
3=military
4=Afterburner

(Altitude control)
Shift+0=min alt
Shift+1=Low altitude(1000 ft)
a.s.o up to Shift+7

If a player want to set his or her own altitude or speed(higher than Loiter and lower than afterburner) they have to go through F2

The idea above is for aircraft, for ship 0 to 5

Markus

emsoy
07-12-14, 05:02 PM
Hmmmm yes that is an interesting idea, thanks! But those hotkeys are already taken for the quick-jump slots. We've been thinking about some possible solutions here, too, including an updated Unit Status pane. But things get very complex very quickly.

kilorocky
07-14-14, 03:01 AM
We have shortcut for almost every event B for RTB, but no shortcut for speed and altitude. In these two case we have to first press F2 and then set speed and perhaps altitude

Here's my idea
(speed control)
0=Stop(for Helicopters)
1=Loiter
2=Cruise
3=military
4=Afterburner

(Altitude control)
Shift+0=min alt
Shift+1=Low altitude(1000 ft)
a.s.o up to Shift+7

If a player want to set his or her own altitude or speed(higher than Loiter and lower than afterburner) they have to go through F2

The idea above is for aircraft, for ship 0 to 5

Markus

Yes, that's kinda Fleet Command style

mapuc
07-14-14, 12:14 PM
Yes, that's kinda Fleet Command style

You're right it's from there I got the idea.

It was after all these F2 pressing that I thought-it must be a quicker way to set speed and or altitude for aircraft a.s.o.

Markus

kilorocky
07-14-14, 09:51 PM
You're right it's from there I got the idea.

It was after all these F2 pressing that I thought-it must be a quicker way to set speed and or altitude for aircraft a.s.o.

Markus

Exactly!

Command is a good simulation, but requires more investment in UI and better structure. The platform is there, and what we need is more time.

mapuc
09-08-14, 06:22 PM
Sorry for this late respond

Here's my idea

s= speed

exampel s+0=stop, s+1 loiter, a.s.o

a=altitude

exampel

a+0=minimum altitude, a+1=1000 ft a.s.o

Hope my ideas can be used.

Markus