PDA

View Full Version : About the global map

kilorocky
07-11-14, 11:46 AM
Hallo Command Team,

You have done a good job really in the project. However, I need to say there are something more to be done, especially in dynamic and random factors.

In the aspect of the globe:

1. Dynamic Climate/ Weather

There should be a different weather situation, like rain, wave, cloud, temp. in different place of the map. In the environment setting, the editor could define the date, and define some specific weather condition in a certain places. And the rest place should have different weather accordingly. Say we set south China sea in summer, clear sky, 25 C, etc. Then the south hemisphere should be in winter and different temp. Also, the sea level would be different according to the moon, tide, right?

If we can introduce some extreme situation, like storm, typhoon, it could be much more fun.

2. Political Air Space and Water

We have in the game national border, despite of political dispute, that's great. The next thing to do is let the map define automatically the territorial water border, air space, like 12nm, 20nm etc. from the coast.

In some mission, the editor could define penalty point to be taken, when your unit violated the border. It should make the mission more delicate and change some rule. The commander need to consider more carefully, whether to cross the neutral country for less casualty or more element of surprise. In the real world combat, people did stuff like that.

3. Ice coverage

In the current version, the ice seems cover only a permanent area, north and south poles. We know that there would be more ice in winter, it would change the rule in navigation and operation, some places are easier to pass, and some places require ice breaker.

I have to say you guys have done an excellent job here. I could write a long wish list as a huge fans trying to let you know, how I want the Command to evolve.

cheers!

Sunburn
07-12-14, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the very kind words.

On your points:

(1) Extreme weather conditions can already be set (e.g. severe storm, very high wind & sea state etc.) and they do affect sensors, units etc. Dynamic / shifting weather is on the plans for a future update.

(2) Border zones are not currently automatic but they can be created on the scenario editor. You can set them to automatically mark violators as unfriendly/hostile (via forbidden zones) and you can also punish the player who violates them by reducing points either one-off or repetaedly (via the event engine). You can also use the EE to chain other reactions to such violations (e.g. a political response like an ally bringing reinforcements to the theater).

(3) We definitely want to improve on this, it's mostly a matter of correctly organizing the available data sources.

Thanks again!