PDA

View Full Version : SH4 Uboat Questions

Bobmunky
07-02-14, 12:23 AM
So I was able to find a copy of SH4 Gold Edition, & I wanted to get a feel for the Uboats but there is no german sub school, quick missions or single missions.
Is it supposed to be like this or have I screwed up my install?

Bobmunky
07-02-14, 03:38 AM
Ignore this thread, after poking around on the ubi forum I found out why, so I got the OP Monsoon MOD working after a couple of hours of struggle & finally got some quick missions:rock:

Sailor Steve
07-02-14, 10:14 AM
Thread ignored. :O:

Just kidding, of course. I'm glad you got it working. Be sure to ask more questions on anything you don't understand. :sunny:

les green01
07-02-14, 12:26 PM
who says

merc4ulfate
07-02-14, 01:13 PM
After a few hours???

Operation Monsun is easy to install using JSGME. You load it up and go. That should take all of 10 minutes if you have to download it first and then install it.

You should try all the mods. I have worked my way through most of the mega mods. TMO, OM, RSRD, RFB, We Dive at Dawn and many other mods in combination with them all.

I find the U-boats are a much better ship but the hedgehogs the British and American have are really dangerous. I am currently running through Real Fleet Boats and so far it has given me the most challenge in surviving a campaign.

You should try the dead is dead rule. That means if you die on a patrol you restart a completely fresh career without using saved games. Try making it through the war without dieing. I have done it a couple of times using TMO but haven't succeeded in Real Fleet Boats as yet.

Bobmunky
07-02-14, 07:40 PM
I've got jgsme but when I unzipped it I put them each into their own extra folder, so when I was trying to load them up it could find the mods but wouldn't load them so after 20 mins I deleted the lot & had to walk away from it before I did something drastic to my laptop, came back a couple of hours later & got it first try.
I'm loving the uboat missions, the english channel is alot shallower then I thought, already wrecked my boat trying to sneak past warships to get into dover