PDA

View Full Version : Some TMO questions

avers
06-26-14, 02:20 PM
Hey guys I have 2 questions 1st whenever I go into the museum and try to look at the jap sub nothing appears what's with that? 2nd I've heard sh4 supports widescreen what do I need to have the game reseloution set to to be optimized for 1920x1080 aka 22inch monitor?

avers
06-26-14, 02:39 PM
Another thing I'm playing in a porpoise class sub but I don't have the after battery compartment i thought it was in the porpoise class?

avers
06-26-14, 02:40 PM
Instead of after battery I have crew berthing is that normal?

avers
06-26-14, 04:27 PM
Another question is it normal w/ TMO plus RSRDC to patrol for a long time w/ nothing happening?

razark
06-26-14, 05:07 PM
whenever I go into the museum and try to look at the jap sub nothing appears what's with that?
Did you look under the water?

Instead of after battery I have crew berthing is that normal?
Yes.

Another question is it normal w/ TMO plus RSRDC to patrol for a long time w/ nothing happening?
Yes.

avers
06-26-14, 06:11 PM
Even If your patrolling of the ryukus in late December 1941 cause that's where I've been patrolling for a bit and I haven't had a single contact again is that normal?

les green01
06-26-14, 07:32 PM
yes it is I have even had some patrols where I didn't see anything then had some everywhere I turn I hit the jackpot

Armistead
06-26-14, 07:37 PM
Even If your patrolling of the ryukus in late December 1941 cause that's where I've been patrolling for a bit and I haven't had a single contact again is that normal?

Really no traffic in the direct area there, cept for some singles. Get down in the Luzon, just south of Formosa.

Way I play RSRD, early way I attack the invasion groups hitting the Philippines, such as Lingayen Gulf. They're several that hit, just choosing one, some hit Aparri, others hit a tad north of the San Bern. When you lose Manila and end up at Surabaya, get ready for the massive invasion of Java in late Feb. several large invasion groups 30 plus ships, one over 50. Then I go for battles near the Solomons through 42, hang around Truk/Home waters shipping lanes in 43. The best shipping lanes late war come through Formosa Strait...

avers
06-26-14, 08:19 PM
Hey thanx yeah it is working but another question just earlier I had to use my own sonar manually because there was a studder which means ships loaded and I used the sonar and I had to use it because it was the 10,000 yard ultrasonic sonar I was using it on the surface and the ship I heard was at 13 Nm so my sonar guy wasn't reporting it (he only here ships In the real life range of 10,000 yards) in the information box in the top left corner was saying ship type unknown I hit the send bearing to tdc and the sonar guy said merchant so I tried to close the range and get ahead moving at flank which makes allot of wake but when I got with in 9,000 yards of him my sonar guy said warship. Anyway why did he say merchant when I was on the sonar and then warship when he got within real life range of the ultra sonic sonar?

avers
06-26-14, 08:24 PM
At the end of that post I meant to say "when we got within real life range" just in case u get confused

razark
06-26-14, 09:02 PM
Hey thanx yeah it is working but another question just earlier I had to use my own sonar manually because there was a studder which means ships loaded and I used the sonar and I had to use it because it was the 10,000 yard ultrasonic sonar I was using it on the surface and the ship I heard was at 13 Nm so my sonar guy wasn't reporting it (he only here ships In the real life range of 10,000 yards) in the information box in the top left corner was saying ship type unknown I hit the send bearing to tdc and the sonar guy said merchant so I tried to close the range and get ahead moving at flank which makes allot of wake but when I got with in 9,000 yards of him my sonar guy said warship. Anyway why did he say merchant when I was on the sonar and then warship when he got within real life range of the ultra sonic sonar?
172 words. Two punctuation marks.
Really? :/\\!!

Probably because he didn't know what you were listening to and had to write something down in the notepad. The game does some weird things sometimes. Almost as though it was released half-finished.

avers
06-26-14, 09:44 PM
Thanx and sorry about my punctuation. Another question in TMO+RSRDC do u still get the merchant spotted or warship spotted on the game when u spot an enemy merchant or warship?

avers
06-26-14, 09:45 PM
Cause I haven't been getting pop ups when my men spot stuff.

avers
06-27-14, 08:03 AM
Let me rephrase, whenever my men spot an enemy ship (shofar it's all destroyers) I haven't been getting the pop up saying warship spotted and then there's 3 options, engage target, maintain current orders and dive to periscope deph. The point is that I haven't been getting those pop ups. Shouldn't I be getting them?

avers
06-27-14, 06:21 PM
Hey did install my mods correctly in JSGME?

JSGME list:

TMO 2.5
TMO small patch
RSRDC TMO v502
RSRDC v5xx patch1

avers
06-27-14, 09:59 PM
Hey guys 1 question whenever my men spot some kind of warship I don't get a warship spotted pop up. Is that normal?

TorpX
06-28-14, 12:23 AM
You only get that the first time. Afterwards, the game uses whatever selection you made.

avers
06-28-14, 10:05 AM
What do u mean by the first time, Torpx?

avers
06-28-14, 10:06 AM
Like do u mean after the first patrol?

Armistead
06-28-14, 10:27 AM
for the first ship in the group you'll get the option box, then with most mods you'll just get a verbal cue for other ships. This way you don't choose separate options for other ships in the same group which wouldn't make sense.

As I recall, it really depends on the option you pick if the option box appears with each group or not. Been too long since I've played.

avers
06-28-14, 09:19 PM
Is it normal w/ TMO+RSRDC to be on an entire patrol without seeing a single aircraft?

Armistead
06-29-14, 12:00 AM
Is it normal w/ TMO+RSRDC to be on an entire patrol without seeing a single aircraft?

Depends on where you patrol, date, etc. As the enemy takes more territory, they set up more bases and air patrols.

avers
06-29-14, 11:51 AM
Does sh4+TMO+RSRDC have icebergs models in the North Pacific and does the game show seasons by like when the sun sets and how dark the night is?

Armistead
06-29-14, 01:08 PM
Does sh4+TMO+RSRDC have icebergs models in the North Pacific and does the game show seasons by like when the sun sets and how dark the night is?

Yes, they're some icebergs, but fact is really no game traffic where they are and more likely you would hit one before you see one.

Yes, in general the game has seasons that effects moon and sun rising/set times. The moon cycle is very accurate. The game doesn't have eclipses in the true sense, but with each historical eclipse during the war, the game gets close with the moon and sun almost on top of each other.

Light is a little tricky and stays basically the same based on the values given by the mod. The nights aren't that realistic as in real life, but again mods can change things up. I made a night mod/TMO for Bubblehead which is more realistic, at least he likes it, but I don't have it on this PC. If he shows back up I'll get a copy from him and upload it.

Just remember at night, the higher the moon is in the sky, the more light.

avers
06-30-14, 09:33 AM
Hey guys another question whenever an aircraft comes within visual range after being detected on radar I don't get a pop up box or an aircraft spotted on the message box and the square on the map disappears. Is that the way it's suppose to be?

avers
06-30-14, 05:59 PM
Hey another question do u guys know what kind of hydrophone Is on the S class in the game and what's its range?