PDA

View Full Version : New member here!!

praetorius
06-02-14, 10:02 PM
Hello there, my name is Carlos and im a new member here, been playing silent hunter 3,4 and 5 since the depression but was not a member of any forum,ive always heard of subsim and heard nothing but good things so i finally decided to join.
i am 44 years old and i work in machine shop and im into anything that has to do with WW2, not sure if i should call it a obsession or a sickness,lol.

I have a pretty extensive library on u boats and WW2 in general if anybody ever needs any info i would be glad to help,being that i am a older guy im a little slow when it comes to installing files and computer stuff in general,i know my way around but sometimes need a little kick to get going in the right direction.

With all this out of the way just wanted to say im honored to be a member here and i hope to make new friends and learn a thing or two, thank you!!

Defiance
06-03-14, 02:31 AM
Hiya Carlos,

Welcome Aboard

First off, i've gotta sort a flat tyre on the car grrrrrrrr so pushed for time now ...........

But as long as you have a non steam version, i'd suggest getting reading/installing the Generic Patcher

Sjizzle has a link to his settings (can be used as a base)

Get to grips with it, it fixes many things

Then read/install Options File Viewer, some settings in this have to match what's enabled in the patcher, you'll see what i mean

Then get jsgme mod installer installed, create nice flavoured mod soups, post any problems/errors, get them sorted if any do occur, then enjoy a great sim :up:

Again, Welcome :salute:

T'is like an extended family here hehe

Jimbuna
06-03-14, 04:19 AM
Welcome to SubSim Carlos :sunny:

u crank
06-03-14, 04:29 AM
Welcome to SubSim. :salute:

HW3
06-03-14, 08:32 AM
Welcome Aboard!

von Kinderei
06-03-14, 09:18 AM
Wel-come aboard Kaleun ... :ping:

Aktungbby
06-03-14, 12:26 PM
PRAETORIUS!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER
06-03-14, 07:43 PM
A warm welcome “praetorius“ to the Subsim family.:subsim:

You will always find someone here to help you.:)

Link to my SH4 - SH5 posts::salute:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804)

praetorius
06-04-14, 08:57 PM
wow, thank you so much for the warm welcome,i do have the GWX installed, believe it or not that happened just recently after playing stock for many years,guess i was a little leery of modding stuff till i modded a flying game i play (not sure if i could mention it here) but its a 19 part download so i figured after doing that anything else couldn't be too hard,lol. i do have a couple of questions about GWX so i will make sure and put them in the appropriate section :up:

desertstriker
06-06-14, 05:02 PM
Welcome to subsim herr kaleun:salute: