PDA

View Full Version : More realistic details for refuelling in SH4

MIDWAYman
05-16-14, 10:14 AM
Hi everybody, after a few years of not playing I'm intending to re-download many of the great stuff available at Subsim and start sailing my SH4 to Sand Island and beyond.

I have a question to anyone. If I do remember, whenever a refuelling is necessary you just need to approach the closest friendly port, get in range of a few miles and then the game will refuel your ship instantly (and inform you about that). That's all. But not enough sexy to me.:O:

I used to play SH4 (TMO) this way:
1. Detect an appropiate dockyard or tanker and get my vessel into position very close to it, then stop the engines.
2. Remain in position for the next 6 (in-game) hours, just to simulate the amount of time that was necessary for the operations (docking & refueling). I chose 6 hours just to have something decent, I don't know how it was in the real life, probably more time.
3. Continue the mission.

My question is: Is there any mod that specifies the exact locations for refuelling inside a port area (historical accurate eventually) and simulates the time interval required for a full refuelling?
Thank you for any answer (and excuse my English):salute:

BigWalleye
05-16-14, 11:21 AM
Hi everybody, after a few years of not playing I'm intending to re-download many of the great stuff available at Subsim and start sailing my SH4 to Sand Island and beyond.

I have a question to anyone. If I do remember, whenever a refuelling is necessary you just need to approach the closest friendly port, get in range of a few miles and then the game will refuel your ship instantly (and inform you about that). That's all. But not enough sexy to me.:O:

I used to play SH4 (TMO) this way:
1. Detect an appropiate dockyard or tanker and get my vessel into position very close to it, then stop the engines.
2. Remain in position for the next 6 (in-game) hours, just to simulate the amount of time that was necessary for the operations (docking & refueling). I chose 6 hours just to have something decent, I don't know how it was in the real life, probably more time.
3. Continue the mission.

My question is: Is there any mod that specifies the exact locations for refuelling inside a port area (historical accurate eventually) and simulates the time interval required for a full refuelling?
Thank you for any answer (and excuse my English):salute:

AFAIK, no, and no. SH4 is mod-poor.

fireftr18
05-16-14, 11:57 AM
And in the Solomons, after we have Tulagi, you can stay submerged, go on an attack, return and reload and recharge without surfacing. I think it was Armistead that actually did that.

merc4ulfate
05-17-14, 01:20 PM
"...not enough sexy to me"

Sexy refueling huh?

I like to let the game run on 1x compression for 6 hours while refueling ... and spend that shore leave with my girl.