PDA

View Full Version : Computer on a stick

Jimbuna
05-10-14, 11:30 AM
This will transform millions of peoples lives who have thus far never had the opportunity to have a computer or access the internet and for just $7 :sunny:

The USB flash drive is one of the most simple, everyday pieces of technology that many people take for granted.

Now it's being eyed as a possible solution to bridging the digital divide, by two colourful entrepreneurs behind the start-up Keepod.

Nissan Bahar and Franky Imbesi aim to combat the lack of access to computers by providing what amounts to an operating-system-on-a-stick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27346567

Wolferz
05-10-14, 12:14 PM
The background on that desktop is a bit odd and a little disturbing.

Junior terrorist in his Winnie the Pooh mask?:timeout:

vanjast
05-10-14, 12:19 PM
I'd say the two 'entrepreneurs' are making money from memory stick sales, than providing access for the masses.

If they provided computers to the masses then I say 'Yup'.. but what good is a memory stick without a computer... :03:

Wolferz
05-10-14, 03:09 PM
I'd say the two 'entrepreneurs' are making money from memory stick sales, than providing access for the masses.

If they provided computers to the masses then I say 'Yup'.. but what good is a memory stick without a computer... :03:

Or electricity and internet access? Maybe they're looking to make a killing in the used PC arena if they can find enough generous suckers to buy them for the less fortunate.:hmmm:

Jimbuna
05-11-14, 06:28 AM
Most cynical gentlemen...shame on you both :hmmm:

TarJak
05-11-14, 07:00 AM
What's GT without a healthy dose of cynicism eh?:D

5 pints and I get pretty cynical too.

Jimbuna
05-11-14, 07:09 AM
What's GT without a healthy dose of cynicism eh?:D

5 pints and I get pretty cynical too.

Yeah but your handicapped...you've no grey matter in that thick skull and are most inadequate in being able to hold your beer :)

Notice I made no reference to your other handicap...brewers droop :har:

TarJak
05-11-14, 07:12 AM
Yeah but your handicapped...you've no grey matter in that thick skull and are most inadequate in being able to hold your beer :)

Notice I made no reference to your other handicap...brewers droop :har:
Stop being so cynical.:O:

Jimbuna
05-11-14, 07:19 AM
Stop being so cynical.:O:

Who? Me?....never :03:

TarJak
05-11-14, 07:24 AM
Who? Me?....never :03:

:O:

Wolferz
05-11-14, 07:55 AM
I can't help being cynical after a lifetime of witnessing numerous examples of how some people choose to take advantage of others.
So, kids in some countries live in a more simplified fashion.
What's wrong with that?
Our ancestors didn't have a problem learning with slate, chalk and the abacus.
Who are we to drag people into the modern age of micro computing and internet access just to feed the greedy power companies and internet providers?

Modern life isn't all it's cracked up to be and it definitely doesn't live up to the hype.

I'd be more concerned with providing clean water and renewable energy for everyone.

STEED
05-11-14, 08:54 AM
Modern life isn't all it's cracked up to be and it definitely doesn't live up to the hype.

I'd be more concerned with providing clean water and renewable energy for everyone.

Agreed. :up:

MH
05-11-14, 11:26 AM
I can't help being cynical after a lifetime of witnessing numerous examples of how some people choose to take advantage of others.
So, kids in some countries live in a more simplified fashion.
What's wrong with that?
Our ancestors didn't have a problem learning with slate, chalk and the abacus.
Who are we to drag people into the modern age of micro computing and internet access just to feed the greedy power companies and internet providers?

Yeah yeah old good times ....

Wait a minute what are you doing in this forum....since it is not to expand your horizons ...for sure...then you must be just feeding the greedy companies then.
Everything is business it does not mean that some good can not be done , even if it brings some profit sometimes.

No one is forcing anyone to modern life yet to have choice one must be exposed all different things to chose what is good for him.

If you have kids for example wouldn't you like them to be exposed to as much as possible so that they could chose what might be good for them or what they like so that they may exercise the talents and abilities.

...or is just chalk and board....it probably would get you far nowadays.

Wolferz
05-11-14, 05:35 PM
Yeah yeah old good times ....

Wait a minute what are you doing in this forum....since it is not to expand your horizons ...for sure...then you must be just feeding the greedy companies then.
Everything is business it does not mean that some good can not be done , even if it brings some profit sometimes.

No one is forcing anyone to modern life yet to have choice one must be exposed all different things to chose what is good for him.

If you have kids for example wouldn't you like them to be exposed to as much as possible so that they could chose what might be good for them or what they like so that they may exercise the talents and abilities.

...or is just chalk and board....it probably would get you far nowadays.

Yeah, yeah let's drag them all into the modern age of Google and internet shopping. God knows that Ubisoft needs new suc... err customers.
Expand their horizons beyond those huge patches of bare dirt they trample on every day.:up: Bare dirt does have an advantage. The Lions can't hide and wait in ambush.:O:

My kids are grown and they made it through school without a PC or internet access. Good old Encyclopedia Brittanica was the reference of choice.:know: