PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars cast released

nikimcbee
04-30-14, 11:04 AM
Not sure if this is old news or not, but here ya go Mr. Steed!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-cast-698480

Andy Serkis...

Flamebatter90
04-30-14, 11:15 AM
Better than I thought it to be. Of course, it's all irrelevant as J.J. Abrams is going to ruin it anyway. :)

Wolferz
04-30-14, 11:56 AM
I hope Andy Serkis doesn't go chasing The Precious.:haha:

Rockstar
04-30-14, 12:16 PM
Kewl, can't wait to hear who plays jar jar binks.

Wolferz
04-30-14, 12:22 PM

You may not get to see Jar Jar Binks. At last word, there will be nothing from the Clone Wars or the Expanded Universe in the next trilogy. This tale will be about the start of the Rebel Alliance only. Long after Jar Jar mucked up episode one.

nikimcbee
04-30-14, 02:12 PM

Blaspheme! Although when I saw Serkis, that was the first thing I thought.:shifty: I like Serkis, but its the type of characters he does that had me worried.

Nippelspanner
04-30-14, 05:29 PM
Better than I thought it to be. Of course, it's all irrelevant as J.J. Abrams is going to ruin it anyway. :)
LENS FLARES!!!
(http://youtu.be/OTfBH-XFdSc?t=2m47s)

ReallyDedPoet
04-30-14, 06:02 PM
Blaspheme! Although when I saw Serkis, that was the first thing I thought.:shifty: I like Serkis, but its the type of characters he does that had me worried.

He can't do any worse than this.

It's all gravy after Jar Jar : )

CaptainHaplo
04-30-14, 07:18 PM
Meet the new cast, same as the old cast.

Stealhead
04-30-14, 07:35 PM
What ever it is all mass marketing anyway get ready for jedi burritos at Taco Bell. [Jedi mind trick] you enjoy mystery meat and you want to buy a toy from Hasbro.

Sailor Steve
04-30-14, 09:21 PM
Meet the new cast, same as the old cast.
YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Red October1984
05-01-14, 04:17 PM
You may not get to see Jar Jar Binks. At last word, there will be nothing from the Clone Wars or the Expanded Universe in the next trilogy. This tale will be about the start of the Rebel Alliance only. Long after Jar Jar mucked up episode one.

Honestly, something new like this might be cool. A new generation underneath the original cast might be a good reboot.

If they do it right... :hmmm:

kraznyi_oktjabr
05-01-14, 04:34 PM
Honestly, something new like this might be cool. A new generation underneath the original cast might be a good reboot.

If they do it right... :hmmm:Could you remind me who has successfully rebooted franchise which has been relatively cold for 9 years (since 2005) and which first part was released 37 years ago (in 1977) and to top it all has used cast members from original film? :hmmm:

I wish great success to Mr. Abrams but I don't see winning cards here...

Red October1984
05-01-14, 08:58 PM
I wish great success to Mr. Abrams but I don't see winning cards here...

I'm not saying there's not a chance...

Plus, when I was little, Attack of the Clones was my favorite one. I probably watched it 1000 times. Had the halloween costumes, toys, posters, whole nine yards.

We'll see....but honestly, i'm pretty excited. I'll see it either way.

Stealhead
05-01-14, 11:08 PM
The only thing the prequels where good for was to let everyone know that when George Lucas is allowed to run free and not have anyone say "that is a bad idea" or "this story kind of sucks" you get three bad movies.

People from my generation like the 4,5 and 6 because we watched them as kids or teenagers and they where good movies the plots made sense for the most part as well.

To some extent people that watched 1,2 and 3 as kids like them though I have a feeling that many of those same kids if they viewed 4,5 and 6 they will find them to be more enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI
this video might have some unpleasant language

I find this series by Mr.Plinkett to be the best argument as to why the prequels sucked.It is long (7 parts) and the style has a lot of satire but they really do in a fair manner explain why it all blew.

To put it short for the real originals(4,5 and 6) George Lucas had people working for him that gave constructive criticism by the late 90's those people where no longer around.Basically Geroge Lucas has some good ideas that must be improved by others (which is what happened in the old day).

The new ones will be George Lucas telling JJ Abrams what to do that just sounds terrifying.

Jimbuna
05-02-14, 04:47 AM
Only a miracle will rekindle the 'old flames'.

HunterICX
05-02-14, 05:42 AM

Might as well check Hell for snowflakes.

Spoon 11th
05-02-14, 08:37 AM
That, or since Hollywood loves remakes, how about another Chewbacca family reunion.

Skybird
05-02-14, 10:16 AM
I think

Disney + Abrams = recipe for disaster.

Jimbuna
05-02-14, 11:21 AM
It must be the money on offer....to risk so much in the twilight years of your career (I'll leave it to the individual to decide who has had a successful post Star Wars career).

STEED
05-02-14, 12:19 PM
Apart from Max von Sydow who the heck are the following?

John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson,

TarJak
05-02-14, 03:59 PM
That, or since Hollywood loves remakes, how about another Chewbacca family reunion.

Or another ewok Christmas?