PDA

View Full Version : TMO & RFB on Win 7

jepo1501
04-23-14, 12:03 PM
Hi Guys,
This may have been asked before but I have had to buy a new computer so my operating system is now Win 7.
Will SH4 with TMO or RFB run ok on Win 7 please? I have previously managed to add these mods to my XP system.
I have tried to add TMO to the game but getting lost technically wise...just thinking its a lost cause and I am gutted!! :wah:
Any help would be appreciated as I am not very computer savvy.
Thank you.

BigWalleye
04-23-14, 12:27 PM
I have run both RFB and TMO on a machine with Win7 Home premium. Never noticed any sort of problem. You need to be sure that your hardware is capable of running SH4, especially your graphics processor. And you should install SH4 to its own folder. But either mod will work fine under Win7.

G Man
04-23-14, 04:41 PM
I've just loaded TMO onto my system with Windows 7. It downloaded fine and appeared to go into JSGME OK and activated. I read through the TMO manual and then started a campaign in a Balao class. According to the manual they should have a 600' depth gauge near the helmsman and instead of diving to safety depth on the D control they should continue to dive until maintain current depth is ordered. However, I don't have a 600' depth gauge and D dives me to a set depth only. So I guess I don't have TMO loaded at all and I'm still on SH4 v1.5. Is there any way to know if mods have loaded properly? I played a whole campaign of RFB recently but now I wonder if that loaded properly, it did seem pretty easy.

les green01
04-23-14, 05:23 PM
yes you can even run them on windows 8

TorpX
04-23-14, 10:36 PM
I am running SH4 w/ RFB, etc., etc., on Win 7 - 64 bit without any problems.

So I guess I don't have TMO loaded at all and I'm still on SH4 v1.5. Is there any way to know if mods have loaded properly? I played a whole campaign of RFB recently but now I wonder if that loaded properly, it did seem pretty easy.

Pay attention to the loading screens. Stock, RFB, and TMO have different loading screens at startup.

jepo1501
05-02-14, 06:36 AM
thnx for the advice guys. I will give it another go. My processor and graphics card are very powerful so that should not be a problem.....just me being not very tech savvy I guess!

torpedobait
05-05-14, 06:02 AM
I've just loaded TMO onto my system with Windows 7. It downloaded fine and appeared to go into JSGME OK and activated. I read through the TMO manual and then started a campaign in a Balao class. According to the manual they should have a 600' depth gauge near the helmsman and instead of diving to safety depth on the D control they should continue to dive until maintain current depth is ordered. However, I don't have a 600' depth gauge and D dives me to a set depth only. So I guess I don't have TMO loaded at all and I'm still on SH4 v1.5. Is there any way to know if mods have loaded properly? I played a whole campaign of RFB recently but now I wonder if that loaded properly, it did seem pretty easy.

In the control room you will find functional depth gauges that go beyond 400 feet. Put your mouse pointer on the desired depth and click. Be careful though. Those boats will not hold a depth at slow speed if below 500 feet. Your boat will slowly continue to descend and if you aren't watching the depth reading you will hit crush depth without knowing why you suddenly died!