PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Below now on youtube.

hunter301
03-18-14, 03:12 PM
You can watch the entire length video of "Below" on youtube.
I loved the beginning scene with the Gato class diving from the destroyer after picking up the survivors. Especially the interior shots of all the control actions taking place. Switching from diesels to batteries, etc....

captgeo
03-18-14, 08:24 PM
:yeah:I will have to check it out, thanks

hunter301
03-28-14, 01:55 PM
Wow..suprised nobody else took an interest in this one. I know the movie might have been a little hockey but IMO the graphics were top notch.
This movie took you to places on a fleet class sub like no other movies I've seen before. The lower battery compartment, inside the ballast tanks, the tour thru the sub as they were passing the news from compartment to compartment really showed how the different crew areas were like their own little world in a world.
Add to that I have never seen a sub movie that not only used grappling hooks as a weapon but made it look as real as they did.
I know it's only a movie but with today's cg you could just imagine what it would have been like sitting in that sub while those "hooks" tore down the side of the sub and then ripped thru the conning tower.