PDA

View Full Version : Windowed mode

Blargenth
03-15-14, 03:34 AM
Yea I've seen a couple of threads and its seems like this is an old problem. But for the life of me I can't seem to fix it This Time.

So I had silent hunter 5 before and palyed it for awhile on this laptop, managed to figure out how to run it in a little window just as tall as my screen but skinnier then my screen resolution. It was great cause it allowed me to minimize the game during travel and it would still run.

But I had to reformat the comp and with it I seemed ot have lost the ability to run it in windowed mode like before.

Let me also go ahead and point out what I have done so I don't get repeat questions. Yes I made sure Windowed mode was checked, yes I made sure my resolution was lower then the desktop res, yes I exited the game after saving settings.

Someone please help!

Blargenth
03-19-14, 11:32 AM
Hello?

Dielos
03-26-14, 05:03 AM
Hello,

I had similar problems. I wanted windowed mode but as big as possible. The game seems to always resets to full screen if the difference is not too high.

I usually played full screen in 1920x1080. So I tried lowering the resolution just a few pixels through the main.cfg file. Again, it resets itself back to HD fullscreen.

Finally, I set it to 1900x1050, and this worked. I have now a windowed big enough to make me happy. I f it was higher, it went back again to full screen.

If you want to try if this works for you, go to "Documents\SH5\data\cfg" and open main.cfg. Search for this line "Resolution=1920,1080,60,22" and change it to "Resolution=1900,1050,60,22", or whatever resolution you might be using...

No guarantee though...