PDA

View Full Version : Enemy AI sub does it come ever up so I can shoot it?

Psycho_Yuri
03-14-14, 12:04 PM
Hi guys,

I have a question about an enemy submarine I have founded. I am out of torpedos( and 1 torpedo I shot at him did hit but not detonate, too close :P)

Do they ever come above the waterline to breath? or do they stay forever under? So that I know if my "stalking" is worth it or not.

Thx.

The picture is where I try to ram him to see if that works but probably not.
http://i57.tinypic.com/f2sk80.jpg

icthird623
03-14-14, 12:41 PM
They do surface at times

Mikemike47
03-14-14, 03:03 PM
I have sunk british U-class subs underwater and on the surface. In my situations, the AI sub was not underwater and then decided to surface. Totally destroyed underwater or destroyed while totally on the surface.

GT182
03-14-14, 04:14 PM
I torpedoed and sank a British sub at night with one of my former installs of SH5. Sure was a big surprise to see let alone sink it.

Remember, they have to come up sometime. Canned air only lasts for so long. ;) LOL

RushTheBus
03-14-14, 04:29 PM
I was able to pop a polish sub that was surfaced with my deck gun, sent her straight to the bottom! :D

Psycho_Yuri
03-17-14, 12:18 PM
Thank you guys.

It seems to me that this one was a bug (was the first tutorial mission rght after you must sink a ship or shoot 4 torpedos + 2 extra ships later)

I followed that submarine for more then 24 hours and then gave up and went to the harbor for the first time to end the patrol and start the coastal waters campaign

Gunsilnger
03-17-14, 12:48 PM
Speaking of AI subs, has anyone else ever seen them submerge when attacked and then blindly fire all there bow tubes off into open water? :confused: I've seen that a couple times in previous games and thought it pretty odd.

Targor Avelany
03-17-14, 01:57 PM
AI subs are dumb, from everything I have see at least. Even with TDW's improvement to AI, they shoot horribly, they surface until pretty much direct visual contact with the enemy, etc.

GT182
03-19-14, 01:50 PM
Speaking of AI subs, has anyone else ever seen them submerge when attacked and then blindly fire all there bow tubes off into open water? :confused: I've seen that a couple times in previous games and thought it pretty odd.

No, I've only seen them surfaced. This sub below was from an earlier SH5 install. Haven't run across one yet with this new SH5 install I'm running now.

Photos: