PDA

View Full Version : Problem with crew volume

hunter301
03-13-14, 08:02 AM
Last night while playing SH4 on a patrol I noticed that no matter how high I turned up the crew voice control I could still barely here them.
I have the music completely turned down for realism (This isn't Hollywood after all.)
And I even adjusted the other volumes down so the crews voice would be louder than everything else around me but it still didn't work. All sound effects still drowned out the crews voices.
Is there a mod for this or a way to tweek the base files for louder crew volumes?

Sniper297
03-13-14, 09:43 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211955

"Well I finally got my laptop hooked up to my 52" flatscreen T.V."

Immediate off the cuff guess, some kind of noise cancelling hardware in the TV speakers. If the laptop doesn't do it on its own or with a set of headphones that has no noise attenuation circuitry that's the most probable cause.

hunter301
03-14-14, 07:04 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211955

"Well I finally got my laptop hooked up to my 52" flatscreen T.V."

Immediate off the cuff guess, some kind of noise cancelling hardware in the TV speakers. If the laptop doesn't do it on its own or with a set of headphones that has no noise attenuation circuitry that's the most probable cause.

I'll check to tonight. You may be right about that because when I'm watch movies all the time I have to turn it up to hear what they're saying then when the action starts my wife's always asking me to turn it down because it's to loud.

hunter301
03-16-14, 01:44 PM
I'll check to tonight. You may be right about that because when I'm watch movies all the time I have to turn it up to hear what they're saying then when the action starts my wife's always asking me to turn it down because it's to loud.

YEP that was it. When I play on the laptop I have full voice volume but not on the 52"flatscreen. Looks like I need to get a separate speaker system for the tv were I can control different volume levels.

SilentPrey
03-17-14, 09:46 AM
Sounds like you have your TV sound set to theater mode or quiet environment or something like that. You need to set it to loud environment or night mode. Those will make voices and effects about the same volume so you're able to hear dialog without the gunshots waking up the neighbors.

Patq911
03-20-14, 01:21 PM
Last night while playing SH4 on a patrol I noticed that no matter how high I turned up the crew voice control I could still barely here them.
I have the music completely turned down for realism (This isn't Hollywood after all.)
And I even adjusted the other volumes down so the crews voice would be louder than everything else around me but it still didn't work. All sound effects still drowned out the crews voices.
Is there a mod for this or a way to tweek the base files for louder crew volumes?

I have the opposite problem, I don't know if it's just a stock game bug that was never fixed, but sounds sometimes ignore what volume settings I set and goes full volume, blowing my ears up.

Admiral8Q
03-20-14, 02:14 PM
I am getting super quiet guys voices. I think it may be a computer bug.

Admiral8Q
03-20-14, 02:15 PM
I have the opposite problem, I don't know if it's just a stock game bug that was never fixed, but sounds sometimes ignore what volume settings I set and goes full volume, blowing my ears up.

Sh.. That's what makes it fun after hours of sneaking in. :salute:

hunter301
03-20-14, 02:50 PM
Actually I was able to resolve me problem on the tv after playing around with some of the settings. I have to turn the standard volume level up now but we're not getting blasted by additional sound when the voice is normal. Now everything is normal just have to turn the volume a lit higher.
As for my laptop voice volume has never been a problem. comes thru loud and clear.

Admiral8Q
03-23-14, 09:22 AM
I only own one TV now, I took apart the other three or five, smashed the big tube so it would fit in the garbage bin. Stood back though, I know there is mercury in it. Missed one though, the garbageman gave me a confused look one time when a TV tube fell out of the bin in his truck.

My computer has that problem now with the voices. I'll look into the audio on my computer, it's weird that it gets loud for some and quiet for others.

hunter301
03-23-14, 10:46 PM
I only own one TV now, I took apart the other three or five, smashed the big tube so it would fit in the garbage bin. Stood back though, I know there is mercury in it. Missed one though, the garbageman gave me a confused look one time when a TV tube fell out of the bin in his truck.

Why would you do that? I still have a 36" big screen TV in the spare bedroom and a little 17" tube TV in my garage. They're old but they still have their uses.