PDA

View Full Version : Start SH5 without Uplay

diablo82
02-16-14, 03:17 AM
Hey, if you can run SH5 skip the login to Uplay? It annoys me long login to Uplay and long downloading data from the server. I thought that when I buy the DVD version I will be able get around it.

GT182
02-16-14, 08:42 PM
Nope, UPlay is a must. UBI won't do away with it..... and why I've no idea, as they stopped support for SH5 a long time ago.

You can stop your game saves from being saved to UBI's server, and have them saved only to your computer.

THEBERBSTER
02-17-14, 05:50 PM
How do you do that GT182?

GT182
02-18-14, 05:59 PM
:hmmm: There's supposed to be a box to check or uncheck if you don't want game saves saved online on the server.

tat501
02-18-14, 09:29 PM
It is annoying. I press cancel every time to skip it - but generally speaking long load times are the number 1 reason I don't play this game as much as I otherwise would.

It takes me 7 minutes to get from desktop to my periscope.

Oleander
02-19-14, 02:44 PM
Its part of Ubisoft's DRM policy, so far as I know its hard coded in the game to check in and verify the install. I doubt there's any way around it without a ton of work. It seems like TDW's patch had an option to disable Uplay listening but the game still has to be launched from the program.

THEBERBSTER
02-19-14, 03:06 PM
My load time is around 7 minutes also. This is down to the number of mods installed and the data size.

If I let my "Logs Folder" dat files build up. Uplay wants to save them each time I load. In the past before I realized where the problem was it was taking over 20 minutes to load.

I delete the one file in there from the last save now before I load the game.

Problem solved.

TheDarkWraith
02-19-14, 04:23 PM
Its part of Ubisoft's DRM policy, so far as I know its hard coded in the game to check in and verify the install. I doubt there's any way around it without a ton of work. It seems like TDW's patch had an option to disable Uplay listening but the game still has to be launched from the program.

the sh5.exe is the one responsible for launching the UPlay browser, not the other way around. And yes, it's possible to totally disable the UPlay browser if you know the magic art of RE.

ZAGOR64BZ
02-19-14, 04:40 PM
the sh5.exe is the one responsible for launching the UPlay browser, not the other way around. And yes, it's possible to totally disable the UPlay browser if you know the magic art of RE.
:Kaleun_Salivating:....and would you mind to share that with us??????:Kaleun_Cheers:

Mikemike47
02-19-14, 06:23 PM

....and would you mind to share that with us??????

Is this option in the SH5 patcher? IIRC and not researching further, if you disable the Uplay browser then you will not be able to play campaigns/single missions? Something like that?

TheDarkWraith
02-19-14, 07:03 PM
Is this option in the SH5 patcher? IIRC and not researching further, if you disable the Uplay browser then you will not be able to play campaigns/single missions? Something like that?

That is correct. That is the 'light' version of that patch. Realize that if a way :03: was shown how to disable the UPlay browser then it could be applied to every Ubi title that uses UPlay. Doesn't that sound like legal trouble :cool:

THEBERBSTER
05-22-18, 02:35 AM
Post #69 How To Play Silent Hunter 5 Offline! > Pictorial (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2202375&postcount=69)

PingChow
08-30-18, 06:06 PM
Can you back up one step? , I cant get to the screen you show in this picture.
If i try to click on the "Uplay" button in SH5 window, Uplay does not come up

Aktungbby
08-30-18, 06:38 PM
PingChow!:Kaleun_Salute:A TRIFLE BELATEDLY :k_confused:

XenonSurf
08-30-18, 07:40 PM
For this sort of desease there has been a cure for a long time now...As long as you own the game it's ok...Just google a bit.

BTW, I have seen a 'Green Pepper' DVD today, a pack with SH3, SH4, SH5 for only Euro 13.99 ...but...with U-Play... But as said you can get rid of it.
If I'm not wrong, if you install the TWoS megamod you can bypass U-play and the campaign will advance anyway, as soon as you read the 'red messages' in TWoS warning you about campaign end simply switch off U-play and go on. You should then land on the campaign selection screen where you continue the game with a new campaign.

...Or wait for me publishing my 'Campaign Switch' mod - it still needs some refinements before release and it will bypass U-Play or any sort of...hum, I better stay polite ... :)

THEBERBSTER
08-31-18, 04:46 AM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > PingChow
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2027002&postcount=1)
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Post #69 Play Silent Hunter 5 Offline! > Pictorial (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2202375&postcount=69)