PDA

View Full Version : Graphics artifact.

andym
02-09-14, 12:45 PM
When i play SH3 i am getting a graphical artifact on the left of the screen.I have narrowed it down and it seems to be associated with the sun as it dissapears once the sun has gone down.Is this a know issue or is it just my bad luck.If its a known issue is there a fix?I would post a screen grab but have forgotten how to do it.

Johnfb
02-09-14, 12:49 PM
When i play SH3 i am getting a graphical artifact on the left of the screen.I have narrowed it down and it seems to be associated with the sun as it dissapears once the sun has gone down.Is this a know issue or is it just my bad luck.If its a known issue is there a fix?I would post a screen grab but have forgotten how to do it.

Print screen button on top line of your keyboard ....this saves/copies it and then go into paint and paste it. Save that file as normal and then you have your screen shot

Sailor Steve
02-09-14, 01:30 PM
What's wrong with Ctrl+F11? Shots are saved in the main SH3 folder.

Johnfb
02-09-14, 01:38 PM
What's wrong with Ctrl+F11? Shots are saved in the main SH3 folder.

Nothing's wrong.... Just giving a second option that can be used in all programs on a PC and not just SH3

andym
02-09-14, 01:48 PM
Cheers will try and post one.

Sailor Steve
02-09-14, 02:01 PM
Nothing's wrong.... Just giving a second option that can be used in all programs on a PC and not just SH3
Very true. My main objection is having to get out of the game and paste the shot every time you take one. I tend to take a lot of shots in a row, and not having to make any extra steps appeals to me.

On the other hand that is disabled with certain widescreen mods, which is part of the reason I don't use them.

Raptor
02-09-14, 02:49 PM
You can take as many in-game screen shots as you want with CTRL + F11 without having to leave the game. They will all be stored in numerical order in your SH3 folder. Open them from there at your leisure.

Using PRINTSCREEN from your keyboard will also take a screenshot, but being Window, it stores it on the Windows clipboard, which can only store one item at a time. If you take a 2nd screen shot, it overwrites whatever else is on the clipboard. You'll have to pause and exit the game in order to drop each screen shot into its own MSPaint file.

With my 24 inch wide monitor, I've found PRINTSCREEN only captures a portion of the screen image.

andym
02-09-14, 03:46 PM
It occured to me (as i was have a pee)could this be because i am using a widescreen laptop?

andym
02-09-14, 04:13 PM
You can take as many in-game screen shots as you want with CTRL + F11 without having to leave the game. They will all be stored in numerical order in your SH3 folder. Open them from there at your leisure.

Where EXACTLY will they be stored in the SH3 folder?

Pisces
02-09-14, 04:26 PM
Right next to SH3.exe. They should be in .BMP format. But if you use one of those widescreen mods then they might interfere with making screenshots. I never used those myself, but have heard frequently about those kind of issues with screenshots.

However, if the game is installed into the default location in Program Files, than User Account Control part of Windows might prevent these files from being created there. While the game is running then you probably cannot acknowledge the UAC request for credentials, and the files will not be made. This can be avoided by not installing the game in the default location in Program Files. I can't remember (from previous posts) if this applies to you.

maillemaker
02-09-14, 08:07 PM
Be aware that for some people ctrl+F11 will cause a CTD.

Steve

andym
02-10-14, 02:38 PM
Hmmmm due to my complete biffery with win 8 i will live with it.