PDA

View Full Version : Manuel Targeting

NekroMarshall
01-24-14, 01:57 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could walk me through step by step, how to target manually and fire a torpedo. Also, I'm using these mods:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

Parts Magui Patch 3.02
Parts Magui V 3.01 by DrJones
Parts Magui V 3.01 by DrJones - English Menu
SH5 Mods Mega-Pack August 2013
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2.2 Patch

Which change the interface a little bit. So if anyone could help me on this, that would be great!

Thank you and happy hunting!

Cond
01-24-14, 02:10 AM
For me the best was to watch Stoianm's video on Youtube about manual targetin. I reccomend you to do the same. Basically you need datas like speed, Angle of Bow, distance. There are several methods to collect these informations.

Here's the link to the video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sMYz1Oxg6rY

BigBANGtheory
01-24-14, 04:55 AM
The principle of manual targeting is mostly about making measurements, plotting and drawing on the map, positioning yourself and entering the data in the TDC. I believe with experience you can even do away with the TDC and judge the shot visually in some cases.

My advice (as I'm a learner too) is to search for examples in YouTube, personally the Lets Play SH5 I find very helpful as they give you a full story of the attack.

Try to learn the Fast 90 attack first as it does not rely on range or Angle on the Bow measurements.

Also if you load the New UI Mod from TDW you can use Trevally's tutorials which include two manual torp scenarios. Once you have done them you can of course choose to change UI's again.

NekroMarshall
01-24-14, 12:17 PM
Thanks a lot you guys! :)