PDA

View Full Version : Paper Aeroplane

Herr-Berbunch
01-22-14, 05:58 PM
This has to be possibly the best paper aeroplane ever -

http://www.viralnova.com/manila-folder-model/

A designer named Luca Iaconi-Stewart spent 5 years of his life creating an almost-perfect 1:60 scale replica of an Air India 777-300ER airplane. One of the most shocking parts of this story? He used only manila folder.

:rock:

Schroeder
01-22-14, 06:21 PM
That's pretty crazy.:doh:

Garion
01-22-14, 06:36 PM
Cool Stuff :up:

Cheers

Gary

Webster
01-22-14, 06:50 PM
This has to be possibly the best paper aeroplane ever -

http://www.viralnova.com/manila-folder-model/

:rock:
have to agree, but .......

he drops out of college to do this?

is it a cool model, yes

will he get a job because he quit college to do this, I think not.

the model truely is an incredible thing but I cant help but to focus on the more important an overlooked story here, in that this guy was so obsessed with it he thought it was a great idea to quit college to have more time to play with his toy airplane and may have ruined any chance he will ever have at getting a great job.

I suspect this guy will be flipping hamburgers for a living from now on

Sailor Steve
01-22-14, 06:56 PM
Brilliant! :rock:

Red October1984
01-22-14, 11:22 PM
But will it fly? :hmmm:

fireftr18
01-22-14, 11:53 PM
Webster, I agree. If focused this obsession to school, he may have graduated early, gone on for an advanced degree, then get a great job. Making model mock-ups.

Admiral Halsey
01-23-14, 12:04 AM

That's the million dollar question.

Sailor Steve
01-23-14, 02:30 AM
Way back when I worked for Utah's major hobby distributor, when I brought in a new model the retail manager would sometimes say "Let's give it a glide test!"

Spiced_Rum
01-23-14, 03:50 AM
I have neither the skill or patience to start such a project but I really admire people who can dedicate the time and effort to a hobby, and produce such amazingly detailed objects. :Kaleun_Applaud:

Jimbuna
01-23-14, 05:22 AM
Amazing work and equally so detail :cool:

Lionclaw
01-23-14, 09:03 AM
Wow! :huh:

Now that's detail, and in paper. :cool:

TarJak
01-23-14, 02:33 PM
OCD. :nope:

Sailor Steve
01-23-14, 07:11 PM
OCD. :nope:
If ya got it, flaunt it! :O:

TarJak
01-24-14, 01:11 AM
I guess.

Skybird
01-25-14, 06:51 AM
I am split over the criticism that he dropped college for this. It depends on what college can teach you, and what not. Being passionate about something that is valuable to you, it cannot, nor can we become passionate by switching a button over something that does not catch our interest. A proclaimed need not necessarily makes us focused on it. College can not teach you this amount of being focussed on something. The discipline to create this masterwork, may stay him for the time to come, and maybe pays off in the job he finds finally.

Concerning life quality, it certainly was time better spend than many other uses of your lifetime that are possible. And if the school is bad, every hour spend is waisted.

Maybe he becomes a professional model builder, for film studios, architectures, engineers, or a stage builder for theatres, something like that.

Life is not and should not always be about being efficient. Millions of people every day are highly efficient in their paperwork jobs, in offices, turning formulas around and around, and transferring bits from one data base to another. No matter what that is about, for the individual person it is a wasted day - precious lifetime wasted that nobody gives them back, never. Even worse, outside that job, many people still behave like that and collect thousands of snippets of paper for tax refundings and obey demands by bureaucracy and laws that steal more precious lifetime for them - for nothing. This young man maybe has the right balance between a rebellious nature and discipline and the ability to stay focussed on his goals that he may make his way outside the mainstream nevertheless.

Peter Jackson would have loved to have him in his miniature team.