PDA

View Full Version : Printable recognition manual

Raven Morpheus
01-19-14, 09:32 AM
Hello, me again...

Just wondering, as I'm considering buying a used copy of SH IV collectors edition, to get the printed recognition manual (all links I've found to a 3rd party printable recognition manual for SH IV seem to be dead at this time), if there is a printable recognition manual for SH V?

Thanks in advance

GT182
01-19-14, 06:46 PM
Raven, I could be wrong but from what I've seen there's no printed recognition manual out there for SH5.

If there is one hopefully someone will chime in and correct me. And if there is, it would have to be upgradeable because of the mods out that increase and change shipping. It would also be a waste of time and paper if there's only one that doesn't include new ships.

Echolot
01-19-14, 06:57 PM
if there is a printable recognition manual for SH V?
There is one in german language with all the stock ships by DonL1978.

Thread at german Ubisoft forum. (http://forums-de.ubi.com/showthread.php/99783-RELEASE-Agru-Front-Lehrmaterialien-Umfassendes-Handbuch-und-Erkennungshandbuch)

Download from Mediafire (pdf format). (http://www.mediafire.com/download/hng2zh5kndk7uu9/Agru-Front-Erkennungshandbuch.pdf)

:salute:

Raven Morpheus
01-20-14, 04:29 AM
Raven, I could be wrong but from what I've seen there's no printed recognition manual out there for SH5.

If there is one hopefully someone will chime in and correct me. And if there is, it would have to be upgradeable because of the mods out that increase and change shipping. It would also be a waste of time and paper if there's only one that doesn't include new ships.

Thanks, I didn't think there was one made like the SH IV collectors edition one.

Just I'm kind of hoping someone has made one I can print out and bind myself...

There is one in german language with all the stock ships by DonL1978.

Thread at german Ubisoft forum. (http://forums-de.ubi.com/showthread.php/99783-RELEASE-Agru-Front-Lehrmaterialien-Umfassendes-Handbuch-und-Erkennungshandbuch)

Download from Mediafire (pdf format). (http://www.mediafire.com/download/hng2zh5kndk7uu9/Agru-Front-Erkennungshandbuch.pdf)

:salute:

Ah, authentic I guess, as it's in German. Unfortunately I can only read a tiny little bit of German.

Had a look at that one though and it looks good, but it's not really what I'm after - I'm more after a flip book format (like the one someone made for SHIII and was given away with SH IV collectors edition), that one is all on A4 pages and is a very long read (even if I could read German well). Oh well. Thanks for the link anyway.

Raven_2012
01-20-14, 04:01 PM
Try this one also, I don't know if its around anymore. I archived it.

What Echolot put and this one I uploaded seem to be the only ones I can across.

These ones I uploaded can be printed and made into manual, just make binding part or punch holes up top.

I was trying to do the same as you before, make my own recognition manual. I didn't like the one Echolot posted because it would of took to much ink and all the German info seems confusing.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l0yt1c8ttbt211c/Recognition%20Manuals.zip

This one is from SHIII - GWX, which makes no difference. Same time era and same ships.

Thanks, I didn't think there was one made like the SH IV collectors edition one.

Just I'm kind of hoping someone has made one I can print out and bind myself...

Ah, authentic I guess, as it's in German. Unfortunately I can only read a tiny little bit of German.

Had a look at that one though and it looks good, but it's not really what I'm after - I'm more after a flip book format (like the one someone made for SHIII and was given away with SH IV collectors edition), that one is all on A4 pages and is a very long read (even if I could read German well). Oh well. Thanks for the link anyway.

Raven Morpheus
01-20-14, 04:47 PM
That is awesome. Nice and clean and simple and nicely ordered.

I can just about understand the German in that, Frachter = Freighter and Klasse = Class for example and there's not a lot of text. Sure it's for SH III but as you say it's the same era so presumably all the ships in SH V are there.

I could print those pages out on A5 sheets of thick paper or thin card.

Or I could copy the images to Word or something and put each one on it's own page and translate the text into English, there's only 160 or so ships, so 1 per side would make 80 or so pages.

I've had a look again at the other one and although it's very long, 16 pages before you even get to any ships, I could use that to make my own also, although translating (and replacing) the German text wouldn't be as easy due to the image in the background.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :up:

Now, if only I could find something similar for SH IV, I really don't want to drop £20 on a used copy of the collectors edition just for a recognition manual...

Raven_2012
01-20-14, 04:54 PM
You don't have Silent Hunter IV? I have the game somewhere I could go in disc and get the manual and upload it for you, if I can get it. I had SH4 with Uboat mission expansion. Is that the one you are looking for?

That is awesome. Nice and clean and simple and nicely ordered.

I can just about understand the German in that, Frachter = Freighter and Klasse = Class for example and there's not a lot of text. Sure it's for SH III but as you say it's the same era so presumably all the ships in SH V are there.

I could print those pages out on A5 sheets of thick paper or thin card.

Or I could copy the images to Word or something and put each one on it's own page and translate the text into English, there's only 160 or so ships, so 1 per side would make 80 or so pages.

I've had a look again at the other one and although it's very long, 16 pages before you even get to any ships, I could use that to make my own also, although translating (and replacing) the German text wouldn't be as easy due to the image in the background.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :up:

Now, if only I could find something similar for SH IV, I really don't want to drop £20 on a used copy of the collectors edition just for a recognition manual...

Raven Morpheus
01-20-14, 05:10 PM
I do have SH IV (with UBM), but I have the digital download version (from the Ubisoft online store), not the retail DVD version. The supplied manual .pdf doesn't have a recognition manual in it, not that I've noticed at least. The collectors edition however comes with a proper printed recognition manual.

Having said that I just came across this - http://silenthunter4.uk.ubi.com/ships.php

Although that doesn't look all that helpful as it's only got 16 ships on it!

Raven_2012
01-20-14, 05:11 PM
I found this zip file in my SH4 - Uboat disk:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bedxbj5za95t8yy/SH4_Bonus_Items.zip

I don't know if the ship poster line up is what you were looking for.

Raven_2012
01-20-14, 05:20 PM
Yeah I googled it and saw a copy picture on Amazon,
http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-Wolves-Pacific-Collectors-PC/dp/B001NOFJPS?SubscriptionId=1K7VYP7JKBEM6ZAX5K02&tag=deekocom-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B001NOFJPS

I see Manual in picture, the problem might be that it will be only Japanese ships and not good in SH5 where the need for European country ships as American.

I know towards end of SHIV manual there is a ship recognition manual part, they might be same pictures in manual in collectors edition.

There is a werid version in SH5 gold. Located here:
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\LngGameData\Collectors\Bible\English

Maybe SHIV is hidden like this one.

I do have SH IV (with UBM), but I have the digital download version, not the retail DVD version. The supplied manual .pdf doesn't have a recognition manual in it, not that I've noticed at least.

Raven Morpheus
01-20-14, 05:31 PM
Yeah I googled it and saw a copy picture on Amazon,
http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-Wolves-Pacific-Collectors-PC/dp/B001NOFJPS?SubscriptionId=1K7VYP7JKBEM6ZAX5K02&tag=deekocom-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B001NOFJPS

I see Manual in picture, the problem might be that it will be only Japanese ships and not good in SH5 where the need for European country ships as American.

That's fine, I want to use it for SH IV not SH V, I can use the 2 posted and put together one for myself for SH V (might share it if it turns out OK but I'm not too sure the original creators would be too happy).

I just like the idea of having flip books that I can refer to for both SH IV and SH V, because I have both games, rather than having to click through the pages on the in-game recognition manuals.

There is a werid version in SH5 gold. Located here:
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\LngGameData\Collectors\Bible\English

Maybe SHIV is hidden like this one.

Can't see any such path in my copy of SH IV. Don't have the gold version of SH V either, got that from the Ubisoft store when it was on sale for £1 last year or the year before.

Those SH IV posters are a start though. :up:

And a thought has just occured to me - I could just go into the game files (of both games), pull up all the .cfg files and their related _sil.dds files and compile my own recognition manual that way. The text is already in English and the silhouette pictures are great for what I want, and 160 or so ships (for SH V) and 120 or so ships for SH IV probably wouldn't take me too long to put together with their relevant data, although sorting them into the correct type (i.e. warship, merchant etc.) might...