PDA

View Full Version : New MOD soup...

HertogJan
01-14-14, 11:44 AM
Okay, this is the list I would like to install, in order, over a periode of time.

1) TriggerMaru_Overhaul v2.5
2) TMO 2.5 Small Patch
3) RSRD_TMO v502
4) RSRD v5xx Patch 1
5) 1.5 Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRD v502
6) Traveller Mod v2.6 TMO
7) Traveller Mod 2.6 OTC 1.5 Patch

8) 1.5 OTC for 8 to 5 Aspect Ratio (<<Really hope it works :88)).
9) Improved Stock Environment v3_TMO&RFB
10) Traveller Mod 2.6 Patch 1 - ISE v3 Patch

I switched 10 and 8, somehow I feel placing extra Mods between the main OTC Mod and the aspect ratio Mod is going to mess up the game.

11) Traveller Mod 2.6 Cold weather Clothing
12) Traveller Mod 2.6 No DC Camera Shake
13) Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD

14) Water disturbance

I don't know if Traveller added some sort of Water disturbance to his pack otherwize I might try and add TDW's Water disturbance Mod.

I'm gonna start with the first 5 on the list and test it, than add 6 through 9.
When I'm satisfied I'll go for 10 and after a long test periode I'll add 11 through 13.

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to comment.

HJ

Edit:
Forgot to mention, going for a fresh game install just to be safe.

merc4ulfate
01-14-14, 12:13 PM
I think you would be fine with 1-9.

I didn't realize there was a patch for Traveller for ISE under TMO and RSRD.

Would you mind posting the link to the ISE version your using and the Traveller patch or is the patch inside a subfolder from Traveller 2.6?

I know about the different resolutions but I was wondering if it really looked any different changing them.

HertogJan
01-14-14, 02:15 PM
I think you would be fine with 1-9.

Lets hope the rest works as well :yep:

I didn't realize there was a patch for Traveller for ISE under TMO and RSRD.

Would you mind posting the link to the ISE version your using and the Traveller patch or is the patch inside a subfolder from Traveller 2.6?

This is the version I'm using:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3589

And yes, the patch is in the [extra's] sub folder but as far as I can tell from your Mod list in the thread Traveller Mod v2.6 TMO - 1.5 OTC Conflict? you have that installed already. :hmmm:

I know about the different resolutions but I was wondering if it really looked any different changing them.

I've played the game in 1920x1080 and it looks fantastic everything is very detailed and very sharp looking but at the same time the tools on the Nav. Map are very small, the lines on it were very thin and as I had some problems with the OTC 19:6 ratio so I changed it to 1440x900 (I think it was) which has a 8:5 ratio and suits me just fine.
Play with the settings and look what suits you best.

HertogJan
01-15-14, 06:35 AM
2) TMO 2.5 Small Patch
3) RSRD_TMO v502
4) RSRD v5xx Patch 1
5) 1.5 Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRD v502
6) Traveller Mod v2.6 TMO
7) Traveller Mod 2.6 OTC 1.5 Patch
8) 1.5 OTC for 8 to 5 Aspect Ratio
9) Improved Stock Environment v3_TMO&RFB
10) Traveller Mod 2.6 Patch 1 - ISE v3 Patch
11) Traveller Mod 2.6 Cold weather Clothing
12) Traveller Mod 2.6 No DC Camera Shake
13) Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD

14) Water disturbance

I don't know if Traveller added some sort of Water disturbance to his pack otherwize I might try and add TDW's Water disturbance Mod.

Side note:
I noticed a aditional Mod to for OTC in the extras folder.
1.5 OTC Automatic Ship ID, I'll have to put that in there somewhere, between 6 and 7 or 7 and 8 :hmmm:.

First things first,

I have installed 1 through 7, 9 and 10 (haven't played a campaign mission yet, just testing things).

A few things I noticed up to now which I don't like :oops:, please don't misunderstand I don't mean to be disrespectful in any way, the creator's of these MOD's make them to their own satisfaction and maybe add a few extra’s from people who asked for them when the Mod was created which is understandable and I very much appreciate their efforts and work, not to mention the time it took to make and test them, without these people we wouldn’t be able to play the enhanced version of the game so a big THANK YOU for that! :salute:

Now to my 'dislikes', if at all possible I would like to change these things:

_ The bearing tool on the Nav. Map. (no idea how to get that back, I don’t suppose copying and pasting the necessary files will work)?
_ The Ocean color... it actually hurts my eyes. :dead: I would very much like to have the color from FOTRS in there. Is this doable and how would I have to go about doing it? :06:
_ The conversion chart button in command room, hovering above it shows a bubble which says ‘conversion chart’ but when pressed it give the gramophone without the chart.
(the chart is nowhere to be found actually).

If anyone could help me out with that it would be very much be appreciated.

HJ

HertogJan
01-19-14, 08:17 AM
Unfortunately I've not been able to get this to work :hmph: and I've shelved it for the time being. :shifty:

New setup:
2) TMO 2.5 Small Patch
3) IJN Radar Fix for TMO2
4) LST TMO 2
5) Ship_Plane_Fire damage v1.3
6) TMO Smoke MOD
7) RSRD_TMO v502
8) RSRD v5xx Patch 1
9) Fixed Zero Bom Load RSRDC
10) Fixe CD Sonar RSRDC
11) Convoy routes TMO + RSRDC
11) Main OTC RSRDC
12) OTC 8:5 Aspect Ratio RSRDC
13) ISE v3
14) ISE new clouds+waves
15) Nav.Map make over 2.1
16) NMMO v2.1 Airbase addon
17) NMMOv2.1 patch 1 with AB
18) Water disturbance v2.0

I'm not sure 5 and 6 will work together but as far as I can tell when I was reading up on things, TDW made it so it shouldn't conflict because he created a different .dat file for it.

Anyhow... Fingers crossed

HJ

Webster
01-20-14, 04:29 PM
while I wont say you "cant", I will say you "shouldn't" use any environment mod and TMO together. TMO and RFB are made with their own environment mods built in and they will not work as they should if you add an environmental mod on top of them. it will screw up things like how sensors and the AI works. you will still be able to play the game and it will still have most of the things those mods add but you will have changed the mod experience you are supposed to get when using them, just keep that in mind.

HertogJan
01-20-14, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm however using ISE v3 for TMO / RFB by Caustic.

Here's the changelog from Caustic
This version of improved stock environment is designed to be used with RFB or TMO, and could possibly *most likely* work with other megamods such as OM and FOTRS. The mod simply changes the ocean and sky colors and adds some custom sounds that you will enjoy.

I have not tested Improved Stock Environment in those respective mods.

-Extract to Generic Mod Enabler folder
or C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\Data

Improved Stock Environment v3
by Caustic

There's no mention about RSRDC and haven't had a problem yet, when I notice glitches or CTD's I'll know where to look first. ;)

Webster
01-20-14, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I'm however using ISE v3 for TMO / RFB by Caustic.

Here's the changelog from Caustic

There's no mention about RSRDC and haven't had a problem yet, when I notice glitches or CTD's I'll know where to look first. ;)

what you have to realize is that he isn't saying TMO will still work the same, he is just saying the game itself will still work fine if his mod is added over TMO. this does not mean the entire "feel" of TMO wont change because the AI and the sensors will now be working differently.

there is a big difference in if a mod will have conflicts with other mods and weather the changes made will or wont have side effects that alter how things work in those mods.

you wont see things like ships sailing upside down or anything but what an example might be is in the detection ranges being changed and weather your sensors pick things up farther then they should or maybe not until its too late. so it changes the difficulty level of the mod.

changing the environment changes how the game "sees" things so when this changes your mod must be adjusted so sensors detect things at the correct ranges and under the correct conditions and this is what TMO and RFB has done after adding their own environmental mods. if you change all that with some new environmental mod then all these corrections are now wrong and there is no way to tell how far off things will be and if its very noticeable or maybe it wont be but it will be off to some extent.

HertogJan
01-21-14, 05:48 AM
So if I understand correctly Environmental files like:

EnvColors_Arct.dat, EnvColors_Alt.dat and EnvColor_Med.dat
SkyColors_Arct.dat, SkyColors_Alt.dat and SkyColors_Med.dat
(These files in the Env. folder together with Wav. files in the sound folder are the only files in ISE v3).

were made to work in conjunction with Sensor.dat and will influence the AI visuals / sensors in some way, like fog influences visuals.

HJ

merc4ulfate
01-21-14, 09:58 AM
Unless I have misread something in the original documentation you should not run RSRD after any other mod than TMO.

You have :

2) TMO 2.5 Small Patch
4) LST TMO 2
6) TMO Smoke MOD
7) RSRD_TMO v502
8) RSRD v5xx Patch 1

But from what I have read in the mod documentation the first four should be this:

2) TMO 2.5 Small Patch
3) RSRD_TMO v502
4) RSRD v5xx Patch 1

There is no perfect solution because mods are made by varying persons and few test them with every other mod out there to check compatibility and function. There are suggested best practices and you may find a mod order or grouping to play fine for a while and then all of a sudden you have glitches down the road.

The bottom line is ...
if it is working :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:
it is working :Kaleun_Salute:
if it is not working :Kaleun_Crying:
it is not working :Kaleun_Mad:

HertogJan
01-21-14, 10:29 AM
You have :

2) TMO 2.5 Small Patch
4) LST TMO 2
6) TMO Smoke MOD
7) RSRD_TMO v502
8) RSRD v5xx Patch 1

But from what I have read in the mod documentation the first four should be this:

2) TMO 2.5 Small Patch
3) RSRD_TMO v502
4) RSRD v5xx Patch 1

There is no perfect solution because mods are made by varying persons and few test them with every other mod out there to check compatibility and function. There are suggested best practices and you may find a mod order or grouping to play fine for a while and then all of a sudden you have glitches down the road.

So did I but after reading this (from a older thread I made when I swiched over from 1.4 to 1.5) I decided to stick with this... makes sens in a way.

for me i like to keep things grouped together in order of the mod they are for so i would do TMO then all TMO ad-ons or fixes to complete that mod install first, then RSRDC then all RSRDC ad-ons or fixes to complete that mod install, and so on with the other mods.

i am not saying this is the correct install order but if it were me i would install like this:

TriggerMaru_Overhauled 2.5
IJN_Radar_Fix_for_TMO2_v1
Easier AI for TMO - (if used)
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Fixed_CD_sonar_RSRDC
Fixed_Zero_Bomb_Load_RSRDC
TMO_Visuals_for_RSRDC
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 8 to 5 RSRDCv502
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD Map
Improved Stock Environment_v3_TMO&RFB
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4

The bottom line is ...
if it is working :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:
it is working :Kaleun_Salute:
if it is not working :Kaleun_Crying:
it is not working :Kaleun_Mad:

So very true :yeah:

HertogJan
01-23-14, 09:32 AM
I found the answer I was hoping not to find :shifty:
Copy and pasting is out

Depends on what you're after. You could copy the stock env. file and make a mod, but you would get all stock colors for water, fog, clouds, etc. When you design an env, you have to match and blend certain colors for a natural effect. Simply, if you're using the env. mod in TMO and did nothing but add stock water, most likely the fog or horizon would look funny. Also, they're are a few values in the env. file that effect sensors

Darn, I was so hoping to be able to change the ocean color in either TMO or Traveler Mod myself but messing around in .dat files is definitely not my thing.
I've destroyed more programs trying to alter them then I care to count :nope:

Therefore I would like to ask if someone can change the water color and put it in a JSGME ready download. (Preferably one for TMO and one for Traveller as I have two SH4 running).
It's only the water color I would like to have changed, rest is perfectly fine, I'm hoping it’s not a big issue and can be done without affecting the AI sensors and visuals of the Mod(s).

Thanks in advance,

HJ

Armistead
01-23-14, 12:44 PM
You shouldn't have a problem if you want to change just the water colors, for the most part simply changing colors doesn't have much effect, as long as you stay in the same tone range...they really have little effect during the day as far as sensors...although they can effect visuals at night.

If you look in the env files, you see numerous value for clouds, fog, water, etc, then numerous lighting values. The problem with using a stock env over TMO is it also changing many of the light values, that's when sensors may have a different effect, but mostly at night. It's not that changing the env values will crash your game, it's just they may impact the mod makers intent how sensors react. For instance, if you add more light impact at night, visuals go way up or if you lighten or darken clouds, water, fog, it can change visuals. For the most part you can't screw up visuals with just the env files during the day, unless you make drastic changes, due to the mass amount of light used, but you can really impact night visuals making env. file changes...In fact, I found every a tenth of a percent had impact...

You can simply get the color values from stock and replace those in TMO's env., leaving other values alone. Simply, if you think water is too blue, use a different color, but try to stay close to the same tone, like use a dark grey/green to replace a dark blue...It's when you start changing all colors you have to be careful, because you want a realistic natural look...

I don't have all my files or even the PC with SH4 right now...that one is broke. I think I still have my night surface attack env for TMO. I did change the night env pretty much so you could pull off realistic surface attacks based on the moonlight, besides that, I left all of TMO's env day colors alone, except I think I changed the water colors more like stock...I emailed that mod to a few, so I may still have that one in my email folder if you want to try it.

It may work fine with Travs mod...He did use a solid cloud shader that goofed lighting and effect in my mod, so I think I included TMO's shader in my mod so it would overwrite it if used over the Trav mod.

If you want to simply do your own water colors, PM me and I'll be glad to walk you through it...very easy to do.

Haukka81
09-14-14, 09:16 AM
I found the answer I was hoping not to find :shifty:
Copy and pasting is out

Darn, I was so hoping to be able to change the ocean color in either TMO or Traveler Mod myself but messing around in .dat files is definitely not my thing.
I've destroyed more programs trying to alter them then I care to count :nope:

Therefore I would like to ask if someone can change the water color and put it in a JSGME ready download. (Preferably one for TMO and one for Traveller as I have two SH4 running).
It's only the water color I would like to have changed, rest is perfectly fine, I'm hoping it’s not a big issue and can be done without affecting the AI sensors and visuals of the Mod(s).

Thanks in advance,

HJ

Did you ever got that water color ? I would like to get green color back too :D

Armistead
09-14-14, 10:20 PM
Did you ever got that water color ? I would like to get green color back too :D

Have you tried ISE mod.

Changing water colors is easy with the S3D. If you don't want to make a mod, just disable TMO or your last mod with env changes and change the water color in the environment atl file of tmo or trav, save and enable it.....