PDA

View Full Version : RFB

hcs53
01-04-14, 04:45 AM
I have followed the discussions about RFB (more realistic) and want to try RFB, I have a few questions about the navigatiemap ;
I have a very little zoom in the navigatiemap, I don't get a sillouette of another ship(when you zoom too far the ship is gone)
I also see no torpedo line in the attackmap.

mods are (I hope in the right order):

RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Nav Map Make-Over v2.1
NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 with AB
RSRDC_RFB_Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start
Improved Stock Environment_v3_TMO&RFB

gi_dan2987
01-04-14, 11:23 AM
I have followed the discussions about RFB (more realistic) and want to try RFB, I have a few questions about the navigatiemap ;
I have a very little zoom in the navigatiemap, I don't get a sillouette of another ship(when you zoom too far the ship is gone)

mods are (I hope in the right order):

RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Nav Map Make-Over v2.1
NMMO v2.1 Patch 1 with AB
RSRDC_RFB_Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start
Improved Stock Environment_v3_TMO&RFB

Turn down your realism or turn on "map contact updates" That should show your target ship and torpedo track on the Nav map.

Hope this helps! :salute:

TorpX
01-04-14, 07:28 PM

That was the intention of RFB; you must plot the positions of the targets yourself (with all the observation errors that are made), and determine the bearing, range, course, and speed with the tools you have. This is one of the things that makes torpedoing ships difficult, and the mod realistic.

The attack map was disabled for the same reason. Using it is almost like shooting fish in a barrel.

If you want to learn how to play SH in a realistic fashion, I would encourage you to learn how to make your own plots, and use manual targeting. While you will not get the same tonnages, it will provide greater satisfaction.

hcs53
01-05-14, 05:24 AM
thanks for your help,now I know that there's nothing wrong.:)
I sunk the light cruiser Naka with manual targething and it is what you said:
it will provide greater satisfaction.:up:

tanks Henny