PDA

View Full Version : Just a 'Hello' thread

RW_Boats
12-30-13, 09:46 AM
So first, Hello!

I recently stumbled across some reviews of SH3 and even after all these years, they were still glowing. Lo and behold, a week later, it was on sale via Steam for just a few dollars.

A little research said I "needed" the GWX3 mod, so I snapped that up as well (via this site - thanks!).

Being that I had taken a couple weeks off for the holidays, it seemed like a good opportunity to give it a try.

What have you guys done to me!?!? For the better part of a week now, I've only stopped playing to sleep! Always just one more patrol to do. Ok, just one more...

This game is fantastic and I can't seem to stop playing. I had some things that I wanted to get done over break ... don't really see that happening haha.

I'm on my 14th patrol and still don't have enough renown to get out of my little Type II. But ... there's always that next patrol ...

:D

Sailor Steve
12-30-13, 10:10 AM
WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

What have you guys done to me!?!?
Hi! My name is Steve, and I play SH3.

All: "Hi, Steve!"

I'm on my 14th patrol and still don't have enough renown to get out of my little Type II. But ... there's always that next patrol ...
I run concurrent careers, one out of each available command. My Type II guy stays in a Type II until the boat is replaced in the natural order of things. But that's just me.

Are you using SH3 Commander yet? It alters your career in the same way the various supermods alter your game.

Also, try this thread when you finally get bored.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170090

RW_Boats
12-30-13, 10:33 AM
Wow, some quick responses here!

I haven't tried SH3 Commander (or any other mods) as I am running via Steam. I know I had seen GWX mentioned with Steam so knew it would run, but I don't know about others. So ... will SH3 Commander run under Steam as well?

Gerald
12-30-13, 10:41 AM
Wow, some quick responses here!

I haven't tried SH3 Commander (or any other mods) as I am running via Steam. I know I had seen GWX mentioned with Steam so knew it would run, but I don't know about others. So ... will SH3 Commander run under Steam as well? Yes it will :yep:

Here are,http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2923 SH3 Commander.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=416 GWX specific cfg files for SH3 Commander R2.6 or greater.(These files needed during installation of SH3C)

Delta Wolf
12-30-13, 10:59 AM
Commander is a fantastic mod and yes you will have no issues with Commander and Steam as i use it myself.

Enjoy :salute:

RW_Boats
12-30-13, 11:08 AM
Sweet!

I've downloaded the relevant files from the above links and given the instruction-pdf a gander. Will see about applying it after this patrol is over.

At the moment, just running zig-zags in my box!

:)

u crank
12-30-13, 11:25 AM
Welcome to SubSim RW_Boats. :salute:

RW_Boats
12-30-13, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the Welcomes, all.

Still on my patrol. I run around 45-47% or so realism settings, one of which is Unlimited Fuel. Sure makes those patrols LONG rofl ....

:O:

Jimbuna
12-30-13, 12:05 PM
Welcome to SubSim :salute:

Aktungbby
12-30-13, 03:03 PM
Welcome again RW_ Boats and happy new year!:salute:

HW3
12-30-13, 04:09 PM
Welcome Aboard!

RW_Boats
12-30-13, 06:16 PM
Installed SH Commander, haven't run it yet. Just now reading the document.

What's this? "Start patrols at sea"

SOLD!

:yeah:

... and I haven't even read farther than that yet.

Jimbuna
12-31-13, 05:21 AM
SH3 Commander gives you a wealth of additional options...well worth spending a little time exploring them :salute: