PDA

View Full Version : No GAME END after 6 Years

Tadi_R1
12-29-13, 10:46 PM
Hi guys,

This may sound crazy and more like "Never Ending Story" movie we all watched in the 80s but is there a way, a MOD or something to allow play continuing past 1945 ???

Dread Knot
12-30-13, 06:00 AM
I guess the reason there is no mod is no one has found a compelling reason for one. Do you want a mod that freezes the existing historical situation in as it was in May 1945? After all, if Germany surrenders there will be no place to refuel or replenish. (Well, maybe Japan if you could get there)

BigWalleye
12-30-13, 07:42 AM
Golly! Playing NYGM at 100% with Commander and DID, I never noticed the problem. (Never lived that long!:rotfl2:) Just use Commander and you will get reasonably historical career ends. Use NYGM and you will get career ends in '45 - via KIA - even if you start in '45!:D

Tadi_R1
12-30-13, 01:35 PM
Dread Knot:
Do you want a mod that freezes the existing historical situation in as it was in May 1945?

Hi Dread Knot, actually this is more what I guess I am interested in, either freezing, or slowing down time, I guess playing into 1970s, 90s etc would be weird, and I wouldn't want to do that.

But all I want to do is play a career longer than I can at the moment without having to restart it over and over.

So let's say I can alter the date, so that I keep it at early 1945 for all the latest technologies to be available but play it as long as I wish, is there a way ?

The game must be reading certain .SIM or .CFG file in order to determine end, right? Or is it not that simple?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, but either way, this game is awesome and I'll enjoy it.

Thank you and Happy New Year 2014, all the best to the entire SUBSIM community:sunny:

Tadi_R1