PDA

View Full Version : Obama signs two-year cross-party budget bill

Gerald
12-26-13, 06:16 PM
US President Barack Obama has signed a two-year bipartisan federal budget bill, averting the risk of a government shutdown in January.

The hard-fought legislation was passed by both the Senate and the House of Representatives earlier this month.

The bill had been drafted by a cross-party budget committee set up after October's 16-day government shutdown.

Mr Obama also signed a bill cracking down on a sexual assault in the military and six other bills.

He did so while holidaying in Hawaii at the end of the year that has seen a political gridlock over his signature healthcare law, the federal debt limit and issues ranging from immigration to gun control.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25523337

Obama wants off the ground, surely a "loudoff" for him in these agreements.

Note: 26 December 2013 Last updated at 22:29 GMT

Ducimus
12-26-13, 06:18 PM
I'm surprised nobody on this forum has mentioned how this budget deal includes reducing retired and disabled veterans pensions.

Stealhead
12-26-13, 06:25 PM
I'm surprised nobody on this forum has mentioned how this budget deal includes reducing retired and disabled veterans pensions.

Yeah these deals always take from place or another.Typical government typical politics.

vienna
12-26-13, 06:29 PM

I'll bet those vets and their families will know the Tea Party minions and the more radical GOP rightists are the ones who pushed for the cut when the November 2014 Congressional Mid-Term election comes around. If the GOP loses their majority in the House, they'll have no one to blame but themselves for caving in to the whack jbs on the Far Right...

<O>

Madox58
12-26-13, 06:35 PM
"holidaying in Hawaii"
There are times you really hope the Volcanoes wipe them of the face of the Planet.
:nope:

Wolferz
12-27-13, 06:04 AM
The Getting Our Payola party is going to find out that Karma can be a real bitch.:stare:

"Any nation that forgets its warriors will itself be forgotten"

Jimbuna
12-27-13, 06:08 AM
"Any nation that forgets its warriors will itself be forgotten"

And rightly so :yep:

Ducimus
12-27-13, 07:01 AM
I'll bet those vets and their families will know the Tea Party minions and the more radical GOP rightists are the ones who pushed for the cut when the November 2014 Congressional Mid-Term election comes around. If the GOP loses their majority in the House, they'll have no one to blame but themselves for caving in to the whack jbs on the Far Right...

<O>

Military Pension Cuts just the beginning (http://youtu.be/6gOJEQBiJIo)

Platapus
12-27-13, 03:31 PM

Strictly speaking, the new budget does not reduce the pensions. It just eliminates any future COL increases.

Still not happy. :nope:

Webster
12-27-13, 03:38 PM
Military Pension Cuts just the beginning (http://youtu.be/6gOJEQBiJIo)

that's more boring then baseball, the droning on and on never gets to the point. I fast forwarded several times and he was still trying to finish the same sentence :zzz:

I guess he has a point but im not sitting through an hour of that droning on and on without saying anything

Ducimus
12-28-13, 08:38 AM
that's more boring then baseball, the droning on and on never gets to the point. I fast forwarded several times and he was still trying to finish the same sentence :zzz:

I guess he has a point but im not sitting through an hour of that droning on and on without saying anything

I would have been more surprised if anyone listen to the whole thing. He's one of those guy's you'd have to have been following for awhile to "get".

What you don't know is that he was a career NCO in the army ( pics from his facebook (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.257311927753485.1073741828.254390628045615&type=3) ) that was medically retired due to a traumatic brain injury that effected his ability to speak. He used to say, "ummmmm" A LOT. His hearts in the right place, and he makes good points, but you really have to be patient.