PDA

View Full Version : patrol erea

hcs53
12-26-13, 07:58 AM
When I go to a certain area (Japan-Luzon) should I stay there within a circle of 150NM or outside that circle also?
I must patrolling for 72 hours but I been there for 5 days and I get no message mission completed, is this correct?
mods are:

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
1_TMO_25_small_patch
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD
Improved Stock Environment_v3_TMO&RFB

Henny

Sailor Steve
12-26-13, 09:38 AM
You must stay within the circle. If it doesn't seem to be working draw a smaller circle. I haven't played for awhile and don't remember what the actual size is. It may be that 150nm is the size of the circle, so you must stay within 75nm of the star.

But I don't remember exactly.

BigWalleye
12-26-13, 10:00 AM
Sometimes (maybe all the time?) when the orders contain words like "Attack enemy shipping ..." in a patrol area, the mission isn't completed until a ship is sunk. But, if the area is dry, there doesn't seem to be any penalty for leaving station without completing the mission. Especially true if you go elsewhere and sink a bunch of ships!

fireftr18
12-26-13, 10:35 AM
In the stock game. If the star has binoculars in it, you need to be within 50nm of the center of the star and remain in the area until the patrol is complete. I usually draw a 45nm radius circle around the star, get in the zone, and remain with engines stopped until the star grays out. If the star has flag in it, then you just need to get close enough to get other orders. Once you get your orders, you can go where you want. The mods change all that.

jscharpf
12-26-13, 12:00 PM
With TMO and RSRD is this also 50 ?
I seem to remember just cruising around somewhere in and out of a 150 mile range and getting the mission complete message eventually.

Armistead
12-26-13, 12:10 PM
With RSRD you should get or have a message stating the patrol radius..if you're not sure, stay within 50nms of the patrol star...If you go outside the patrol zone, the timer resets, so you would have to start over the time limit.

Fire covered the rest as far as different zones

hcs53
12-26-13, 05:08 PM
Thanks for your help :up:

Henny

fireftr18
12-26-13, 08:56 PM
Good addition Armistead, thanks, I forgot about the reseting tid bit.