PDA

View Full Version : CTD & Uplay won't go on line

CptCrunch
12-12-13, 07:48 PM
I was trying to finish Total Germany but decided to give up with the carrier mission incomplete and return to base and try the next campaign. I have been offline for awhile so I tried to go back on line but Uplay won't let me saying it doesn't recognise my email and password even though it is correct and I even reset via ubi just in case. I can log in directly to the uplay site ok.
Now when I continue the campaign and try to return to base the game crashes to desktop after about 12 minutes for no apparent reason. I thought it might be because it needed to synch to the server - but catch 22 I can't because uplay won't log me in.
Is there any shortcut to return to base? Has anyone else had this problem? Am I going to have to reinstall? I really really detest Uplay. grrrrr...:damn:

THE_MASK
12-12-13, 08:28 PM
Just type in the username and password you used when first started playing SH5 :yep:

CptCrunch
12-15-13, 05:58 PM
Thanks for that butl I have tried. Uplay log in won't accept my username and password - it either says they are wrong or it throws me back into uplay in offline mode every time i try to switch back to online mode I can't log on. As I said I tried resetting my password and I am allowed to log in to ubi via a web browser but the game will not let me log in. I have tried both my original and new passwords.

THE_MASK
12-15-13, 06:12 PM
Thanks for that butl I have tried. Uplay log in won't accept my username and password - it either says they are wrong or it throws me back into uplay in offline mode every time i try to switch back to online mode I can't log on. As I said I tried resetting my password and I am allowed to log in to ubi via a web browser but the game will not let me log in. I have tried both my original and new passwords.You have to use the user name and password you used when first played SH5 :yep: Go online with uplay and let it download any files . Then quit uplay and then tick the always play offline . Start a new campaign .

CptCrunch
12-15-13, 06:55 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your help but this wasn't the problem I have fixed it and in case anyone else has this proble, this is how. I uninstalled uplay under control panel (where it is called ubisoft games launcher.) I logged into uplay via the browser and downloaded uplay and installed it. I typed in my email and password and now everything is fine. I think uplay was corrupted. I picked up the campaign where I left off and everything is hunky dory.:up:

PS This was on a Windoze 8 machine

Cheers all and happy times,

Krunch:arrgh!:

GT182
12-18-13, 10:42 PM
PS This was on a Windoze 8 machine

So how was the install and game play with Wn8?

I have to decide soon on getting 7 or 8 seeing I'm running XP. Support for XP ends in April and I need a new operating system. :wah:

I've heard good and bad for both but mostly good on installing games on Win8. Not as many problems as installing on 7.