PDA

View Full Version : no kill credited?

Dronston
12-09-13, 11:28 AM
Very strange, I'm in the Canal, I target a British medium merchant and sink it with my deck gun (July 1940), no Luftwaffe present but kill does not get credited? I don't even see a red wreck on my map? Sunk 2 merchants already in this patrol and I do have them credited to me? I don't think I ever have had that happen to me before (GWX).

Sailor Steve
12-09-13, 02:02 PM
How deep was the water where it sank? Sometimes if it doesn't end up completely submerged the game doesn't consider it sunk.

Dronston
12-09-13, 02:05 PM
How deep was the water where it sank? Sometimes if it doesn't end up completely submerged the game doesn't consider it sunk.

About 70 meters, went down completely.

Leandros
12-09-13, 02:34 PM
Did you actually see it sink...?

Fred

Dronston
12-09-13, 02:46 PM
Did you actually see it sink...?

Fred

yes, I was 300 meters away, engines off and waiting for it to go down, giving it time to sink and save me some ammo.
I noticed that my crew didn't fire at the ship any more when I ordered them too, just like when you get the "ship is sinking" message, I just never got the message and never got the sinking credited to me.

Jimbuna
12-10-13, 05:14 PM
No credit for sinkings can be taken for granted until you receive the message "She's going down" :03:

Dronston
12-10-13, 05:18 PM
No credit for sinkings can be taken for granted until you receive the message "She's going down" :03:

Obviously :)
But did you experience it before?
This was my first time in open (deep) water.
As was said before, it did happen to me when I raided harbours where water was shallow and the ship never sunk all the way (more often I did get credit, but ok).
So I'm wondering if this is a bug or maybe caused by a mod or just bad luck?
Any how, I will reload the patrol and try to sink the same ship again and see what happens.

Jimbuna
12-10-13, 05:28 PM
Obviously :)
But did you experience it before?
This was my first time in open (deep) water.
As was said before, it did happen to me when I raided harbours where water was shallow and the ship never sunk all the way (more often I did get credit, but ok).
So I'm wondering if this is a bug or maybe caused by a mod or just bad luck?
Any how, I will reload the patrol and try to sink the same ship again and see what happens.

Well I put it down to the anomaly of an old game engine that has served this community so well over the years but is clearly in need of an update...not that that will happen any time soon.

the dark knight
12-10-13, 05:33 PM
I have had it happen a few times. A few were ones I torpedoed in a fog bank, and they sank, but my Watch Officer never said ship spotted, others were ships we spotted, shelled, sank, but no credit. No real rhyme or reason for it. I have uninstalled SHIII and GWX, and re-installed, but it did not fix the issue. It is a very rare bug, almost as rare as when I torpedoed 2 large tankers in the Caribbean, both were sinking and then poof.... the game engine made them vanish into thin air! No credit, and I was out 3 torpedoes.

Jimbuna
12-10-13, 05:36 PM
I have had it happen a few times. A few were ones I torpedoed in a fog bank, and they sank, but my Watch Officer never said ship spotted, others were ships we spotted, shelled, sank, but no credit. No real rhyme or reason for it. I have uninstalled SHIII and GWX, and re-installed, but it did not fix the issue. It is a very rare bug, almost as rare as when I torpedoed 2 large tankers in the Caribbean, both were sinking and then poof.... the game engine made them vanish into thin air! No credit, and I was out 3 torpedoes.

One day it will all be revealed :)

Dronston
12-10-13, 05:37 PM

Right, well as long as it's a rare bug I can live with it :) I will consider it Flying Dutchmen ships or something like that, ghost ships, bad karma.

I will report back about what happens when I try to sink the same ship after a reload.

Jimbuna
12-11-13, 04:08 AM
SINK EM ALL!! http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8636/cdw.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/cdw.gif/)

Dronston
12-14-13, 05:22 AM
Well just to give a follow up: reloaded the patrol and tried to sink the same ship, again I didn't get the "she's going down" but this time she kept balancing on her stern with the bow above water and wouldn't sink completely after even 8 hours. So maybe I was wrong the first time and there was actually still some part above water, I could swear she was completely submerged though. Anyway, seems to be my mistake and not the game's. Of course, this ship is going anywhere soon so I should still be credited but okay.

Leandros
12-14-13, 06:10 AM
Hi, just had this same experience in the shallow waters on the UK east coast. I went close and blew up the part that stuck out of the water with the AA cannons. That did the trick even if it did not disappear completely.

Fred

Dronston
12-14-13, 06:12 AM
lol, reloaded patrol again and this time followed the ship to deeper water. In the first two scenarios water was 77 meter deep, now I attacked in 91 meter.
This time the bow sunk first but AGAIN she just kep standing upright with this time the stern above water, again no kill credited. This bloody ship just refuses to sink straight to the bottom...I am not wasting any more time and ammo on this ship.

Dronston
12-14-13, 06:13 AM
Yeah I tried that too, but with deck cannon. Even 35 shells into the bow wouldn't make it sink, explode or whatever, I gave up.

Hi, just had this same experience in the shallow waters on the UK east coast. I went close and blew up the part that stuck out of the water with the AA cannons. That did the trick even if it did not disappear completely.

Fred

Jimbuna
12-14-13, 06:54 AM
lol, reloaded patrol again and this time followed the ship to deeper water. In the first two scenarios water was 77 meter deep, now I attacked in 91 meter.
This time the bow sunk first but AGAIN she just kep standing upright with this time the stern above water, again no kill credited. This bloody ship just refuses to sink straight to the bottom...I am not wasting any more time and ammo on this ship.

Sounds like you've come across a vessel carrying a cargo of cork.

HW3
12-14-13, 07:20 AM
Or ping pong balls.:D

Dronston
12-14-13, 07:31 AM
lol guys, certainly seems that way :haha: