PDA

View Full Version : Critical flooding

dharthoorn
12-04-13, 03:35 PM
Just had a nasty DD critical flood my engine room and aft tubes litteally everything was destroyed there. I had my repair team on it for many hours but there seem to be no progress. So there I am, in the middle of the pacific (barely) floating there like a wounded duck.

Is there no way to recover from this apart from the load button?

Admiral Halsey
12-04-13, 03:46 PM
Did you tab out of the game at all or have it set to realistic repair times?

Bilge_Rat
12-04-13, 04:07 PM
sometimes, you are just dead.

I remember an incident in TMO 2.5 where my sub was DCd by IJN DDs. The forward torpedo room had heavy flooding which I could not control, the sub eventually took on a heavy forward list, about 40-45 degree down (sort of neat to see), then gradually slipped down below crush depth despite my trying every trick , i.e. emergency surface, back full.

Admiral Halsey
12-04-13, 04:26 PM
sometimes, you are just dead.

I remember an incident in TMO 2.5 where my sub was DCd by IJN DDs. The forward torpedo room had heavy flooding which I could not control, the sub eventually took on a heavy forward list, about 40-45 degree down (sort of neat to see), then gradually slipped down below crush depth despite my trying every trick , i.e. emergency surface, back full.

Have had that happend to me more then once. One time my sub was at a 90 degree angle and I was just barely keeping her from slipping below crush depth. I'm glad it was still early war otherwise I would have been toast from those DD's. The real fun was watching it straighten itself out when it surfaced.

dharthoorn
12-04-13, 05:03 PM
Realistic repairs were on but I was getting nowhere. We were doomed. It was...emotional. I have failed my crew.

What CAN you do when you have a hole in the hull the size of a hippo and your bulkheads are destroyed? How is any repair team going to fix that afloat short of having swim outside with steel plating on their back and weld it shut?!

Game over man....

Admiral Halsey
12-04-13, 05:07 PM
Realistic repairs were on but I was getting nowhere. We were doomed. It was...emotional. I have failed my crew.

What CAN you do when you have a hole in the hull the size of a hippo and your bulkheads are destroyed? How is any repair team going to fix that afloat short of having swim outside with steel plating on their back and weld it shut?!

Game over man....

Your bulkheads were most likely destroyed and when those go so does the sub.

TorpX
12-04-13, 11:27 PM

Game over man....

You said it. :)