PDA

View Full Version : Primary Objective Renewing

dharthoorn
12-04-13, 01:43 PM
Is it normal that command keeps renewing primary objectives until I personally decide the patrol is over? Seems a bit weird to me....

Its my first patrol and already February now. :S

les green01
12-04-13, 02:23 PM
they will keep giving you objectives to complete if you use the radio to report in.

dharthoorn
12-04-13, 02:32 PM
Ach sooooooo.....

Admiral Halsey
12-04-13, 02:36 PM
It should tell you to continue patrolling until you need to RTB after the third time.

Aktungbby
12-04-13, 02:56 PM
Ach sooooooo.....

And again, Welcome aboard DHARTHOORN:salute:

dharthoorn
12-04-13, 03:30 PM
It should tell you to continue patrolling until you need to RTB after the third time.

It didn't/doesn't. Just patrol/recon missions without metion of RTB. I do remember seeing such messages in Vanilla. Perhaps its because of TMO or RSRD mod?

And again, Welcome aboard DHARTHOORN

It's always nice to be welcome! :up:

fireftr18
12-04-13, 07:48 PM
The game engine knows how much fuel and torpedoes you have. As long as you have plenty of both, you will get new patrol orders. Most of us do what we need to complete the first order, then go out on our own.

TorpX
12-04-13, 11:43 PM
Is it normal that command keeps renewing primary objectives until I personally decide the patrol is over? Seems a bit weird to me....

they will keep giving you objectives to complete if you use the radio to report in.

Certainly enough incentive to practice good radio security...:03:

Snarf
12-05-13, 09:00 AM
The game engine knows how much fuel and torpedoes you have. As long as you have plenty of both, you will get new patrol orders. Most of us do what we need to complete the first order, then go out on our own.
Go out on your own, like how I procede to blow up everything in the harbor once I've gotten the necessary photographs:D

I only press the status report button again if i want new orders. Once I complete my primary i hunt for convoys and t/f's and use the report contact button. Then they tell you to attack or to RTB, I usually attack anyway.

raygamhu
12-06-13, 05:11 AM

As mentioned by others above, the game checks your number of torpedos and fuel, and till you have 4 torpedos or less left, they will give new primary orders pressing the button again and again.Below 4 torpedos the message will say "Good work, back to base or something like that.."
My experience is that only moving to the new location and staying there, it gives you I think 300 points of reknown.In TMO+RSRDC usually they send you on places where is some traffic, so sinking ships is also adding reknown.

dharthoorn
12-06-13, 07:39 AM
RSRD definitely adds tons of traffic which is great for impatient people like me.

At first it wasnt evident because one of my mods "Improved Stock Environment new clouds and waves" was causing perpetual fog.

Now that I know why command keeps renewing my objectives I just dont send any status reports anymore and go freewheeling until I get bored.

Thanks for all the input! :up: