PDA

View Full Version : Question that I have no clue as to which thread it should go in.

Admiral Halsey
12-04-13, 12:02 AM
It's a stupid one but it's got me staying up these past few nights. What was the first post here on the Subsim forums?

Cybermat47
12-04-13, 12:17 AM
It's a stupid one but it's got me staying up these past few nights. What was the first post here on the Subsim forums?

Presumably:

Welcome to this new badass website :rock:

Sailor Steve
12-04-13, 10:05 AM
That's a tough one. Five years ago Neal had a contest to see if he could find the earliest member, and once you wade through all the crap (mine included) it seems to be sometime in 1998. I don't know if the archives go back that far, or what the site looked like then, since I only joined in 2002.

I doubt if even Neal knows, but we can always hope. :sunny:

[edit] Here is a post from Neal in his own "Earliest Member" thread including a link to the oldest index he could find.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1146862&postcount=90

merc4ulfate
12-05-13, 03:48 PM
I remember Neal from the days back in the 90's I think when we used to play 688 hunter killer online in a virtual navy. I enjoyed the multi player aspect of that game very much.

I loved the hunt. We had one mission where you had 8 Los Angels Class submarines all facing each other at like 5000 yard, no fire for the first five minutes and it was last man standing wins. I had a great maneuver for that one.