PDA

View Full Version : SH4, Windows 7, and a laptop

andyf
11-30-13, 08:53 PM
I am trying to install SH4 on my HP laptop. It has an I5 quad core, IDT/Intel sound with Beats audio and Intel HD graphics. The program installs fine but when I click the SH4 icon to start the game it does nothing. I've searched the boards looking for tricks and advice, and nothing seems to work. I have installed it in a non Program Files directory and tried running in XP and Vista compatibility mode. I'd rather not have to build a new system for the game, but is there something I am not doing to make it work on this laptop?

les green01
11-30-13, 09:22 PM
how much ram does it have

andyf
11-30-13, 09:37 PM
8 gigs. Win 7 is the 64 bit system.

robustits
11-30-13, 09:51 PM
when I click the SH4 icon to start the game it does nothing.

Check "event.log" in your system.

ETR3(SS)
11-30-13, 09:57 PM
If you have UAC enabled you might have to right click and choose "Run as Administrator."

andyf
11-30-13, 10:05 PM
No errors or warnings in the event manager. Even when I run as admin it will not load. Actually when I click the SH4 autorun from the DVD drive the start up screen comes, but it will not start the game. Thinking it is about time to abandon ship...

Mikemike47
11-30-13, 10:39 PM
I am trying to install SH4 on my HP laptop. It has an I5 quad core, IDT/Intel sound with Beats audio and Intel HD graphics. The program installs fine but when I click the SH4 icon to start the game it does nothing. I've searched the boards looking for tricks and advice, and nothing seems to work. I have installed it in a non Program Files directory and tried running in XP and Vista compatibility mode. I'd rather not have to build a new system for the game, but is there something I am not doing to make it work on this laptop?

Did you install the Direct X from the installer? If you have a DVD, it is on a separate folder. Sometimes the game still need some files still from directx 9C while an operating system has newer direct X.
Your system is more powerful than what was available when SH4 came out, but, IIRC, most of the SH series says that laptop graphics does not count as an acceptable system requirement.

robustits
11-30-13, 11:49 PM
No errors or warnings in the event manager.

No errors occured during starting or quitting the application.

les green01
12-01-13, 01:49 PM
hmmmm i didnt have no trouble getting it to work on windows 7 or 8,is it the straight game or have you modded it before you try playing