PDA

View Full Version : Our 51st state?

Wolferz
11-19-13, 03:04 PM
Endless Afghanistan?

WTFO:hmmm:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/19/21534305-endless-afghanistan-us-afghan-agreement-would-keep-troops-in-place-and-funds-flowing-perhaps-indefinitely?lite

CaptainMattJ.
11-19-13, 10:15 PM
This is news? Weve known for years that they planned to keep a garrison in afghanistan. What gets me more is that wed still be paying billions of dollars to pay for whats obviously going to be a complete and utter failure.

Honestly the end of this dragged-out conflict is nothing more than an attempt to upkeep the image of the military. Theyd sure love to say that they came out of Afghanistan with something of benefit, that they helped afghanistan be self-sustaining, but in reality, they know it was nothing but a catastrophe. They know that as soon as our retreat is "complete" that afghanistan will tumble back into what it was before we got there. They just needed something to give the people so that they wouldnt have to admit that they sent our sons and daughters, most with multiple deployments, into a hellhole halfway across the world, suffering thousands of deaths and many more thousands of debilitating injuries, wasting trillions of dollars, for basically nothing. We KNOW that no matter how many troops and how much money we throw into that dump, its going to stay exactly the same.

But like vietnam, we cant admit this. Instead, we gradually retreat from a country so as to seem like our presence there is required, and celebrate as we succeed in our "noble mission". When will the department of defense live up to its name and stop interfering with 3rd world cesspools halfway across the world.

Stealhead
11-19-13, 10:51 PM
Do not be so quick to blame the military.It is Washington that gets the military stuck in wars that have unattainable goals.

The only choice the military has and especially the ones doing all of the leg work the O-4s and below (everyone lower in rank than a Major in the military) is obey orders and try their best to achieve something.

It is the politicians that start the wars and when they are over they take all of the credit if things go well.When things go poorly it goes "peace with honor" and then they blame the military and then every jackass goes and blames the troops.

CaptainMattJ.
11-19-13, 11:12 PM
Do not be so quick to blame the military.It is Washington that gets the military stuck in wars that have unattainable goals.

The only choice the military has and especially the ones doing all of the leg work the O-4s and below (everyone lower in rank than a Major in the military) is obey orders and try their best to achieve something.

It is the politicians that start the wars and when they are over they take all of the credit if things go well.When things go poorly it goes "peace with honor" and then they blame the military and then every jackass goes and blames the troops.
That is a given. Of course its the politicians that start wars and the grunts who fight them. But in this case, the top brass were among the biggest advocates of a painfully slow retreat with permanent garrison.

So when i talk about how the "military" is trying to upkeep its image, im talking mostly about the people who threw us into and kept us in those wars.

Stealhead
11-19-13, 11:24 PM
That is a given. Of course its the politicians that start wars and the grunts who fight them. But in this case, the top brass were among the biggest advocates of a painfully slow retreat with permanent garrison.

So when i talk about how the "military" is trying to upkeep its image, im talking mostly about the people who threw us into and kept us in those wars.

Yeah but you still said military when you could have said politicians.You must have misread my post if you think I have much love for the top brass generally speaking at least there are a few that have brains.Still though in the end the United States military has two jobs one is to defend the United States from all enemies the other is to defend/attack what ever the politicians deem is a national interest.The nature of the military chain of command by and large precludes its members from questioning lawful orders it also means that a military coup carried out by members of the US military of their own will or at the behest of another nearly impossible.

CaptainMattJ.
11-20-13, 01:30 AM
Yeah but you still said military when you could have said politicians.You must have misread my post if you think I have much love for the top brass generally speaking at least there are a few that have brains.Still though in the end the United States military has two jobs one is to defend the United States from all enemies the other is to defend/attack what ever the politicians deem is a national interest.The nature of the military chain of command by and large precludes its members from questioning lawful orders it also means that a military coup carried out by members of the US military of their own will or at the behest of another nearly impossible.
I could've, but the people who sent us in and kept us there were both the executive branch (and their puppets in congress) and the top brass. The president is technically a part of the military, and so is the top brass. Thats who i was talking about, obviously not our service members.

Wolferz
11-20-13, 09:59 AM
Look at what Afghanistan has. Opium poppy fields.
Opium has always been the number one commodity for the Russell Trust. (Skull and Bones) Co-founded by William H Russell...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Huntington_Russell

Many members of The Brotherhood of Chaos have been entrenched for decades in our halls of government and its agencies. Particularly the CIA.
They are the ones responsible for our never ending military action in Afghanistan, the war in Iraq and God knows what else.
All of them descendants of the Connecticut WASPs. White Anglo Saxon Protestants. This includes the Bush family.
They were the blue bloods of Britain who left because the king had made Catholicism the national religion and we all know how well the Protestants get along with the Catholics. I would even venture a guess that they were the ones responsible for assassinating JFK and his brother Bobby because they threatened their business of worldwide drug smuggling.

nikimcbee
11-20-13, 10:08 AM
Motion to call it New Detroit.

Jimbuna
11-20-13, 11:56 AM
Pure madness IMHO...can't see what the US population has to benefit from such a position.

Aktungbby
11-20-13, 12:20 PM
Pure madness IMHO...can't see what the US population has to benefit from such a position.
Same as the last Romans on Hadrian's Wall...nuthin' changes..."My legions Westmoreland my legions...give me back my legions" misquote of Augustus to Varus after the Teuterburger-Wald disaster of 9AD. Sadly applied to Viet Nam-- 50,000+ dead (10 legions to Varus's 3) but he at least had the grace and self respect to to do himself in!:up:

Ducimus
11-20-13, 12:28 PM
Hello Afganistan, I'd like to introduce you to Korea. Korea, this is Afganistan, Afganistan, this is Korea.
World wide remote did you say? We have rotations there.

nikimcbee
11-20-13, 12:35 PM
Hello Afganistan, I'd like to introduce you to Korea. Korea, this is Afganistan, Afganistan, this is Korea.
World wide remote did you say? We have rotations there.

Will they produce cool pop hits like "Gungnam Style?"

Tribesman
11-20-13, 12:55 PM
They were the blue bloods of Britain who left because the king had made Catholicism the national religion and we all know how well the Protestants get along with the Catholics.
Oh dear oh dear.
Are you confusing catholics with the protestant church of England and the protestant dissenters who rejected the epicopalian protestantism of the state religion?
You also seem to be confusing Mary who was a woman that had a very short reign as queen with some male person which is what a king is.

Ducimus
11-20-13, 02:45 PM

Probably not.

Wolferz
11-20-13, 02:48 PM
Oh dear oh dear.
Are you confusing catholics with the protestant church of England and the protestant dissenters who rejected the epicopalian protestantism of the state religion?
You also seem to be confusing Mary who was a woman that had a very short reign as queen with some male person which is what a king is.

I'm always confused. That's nothing new.:D

Tribesman
11-20-13, 04:27 PM
I'm always confused. That's nothing new.:D
Its a very confusing period of history.
Look on the brightside. As Stephen Fry put it, you didn't really have people fleeing religious persecution, you had people going to the colonies so they could set up their own flavour of religious persecution, but some clever folks ruined their dream when they wrote a little thing banning establishment of religion.

TarJak
11-20-13, 04:41 PM

Helmand Style doesn't have the same ring to it.