PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Save games

Lastman
11-14-13, 12:41 PM
I was Playing SH3 with GWX and SH3Commander....after sink a ship i was reached by an enemy plane, so i decide to save game and then i exit from the game for have a break....when i come back for finish my patrol but all my savegame were deleted....what happened? i see now that when i open SH3 commander it says:

Last patrol end : N/A ( it's my first patrol, so it's normal... )....

I was go on my documents folder, open my carrer folder and all my save game are present... ( there are a lot of file for every savegame : SAV RMS RSF WAT PSC MAP CRP ECC...... )

what is my problem? :hmmm:

Damo
11-15-13, 07:45 AM
Hi, so what happens when you start the game with SH3Commander on that career? Does it crash?

One point to note, SH3 is very finicky when it comes to savegames that were made if you are within 50km of land, near any AI units like planes, ships. At best, if you saved near a ship you sunk it will respawn it undamaged and become a 'ghost ship' in that sinking it again will give you no credit, and wasted ammo, torps. At worst, it will corrupt your save.

I always dive and listen on the hydrophone for nearby shipping before surfacing again and saving, plus I'll do 2 saves 10 minutes apart as a backup. As a rule of thumb I save my game every 2 in-game days and use a naming policy like 'P1-1', 'P1-1b' (Patrol 1, save 1 / Patrol 1, save 1 backup). I will always try and load the backup first, if that fails, I try the first save, then work backwards until it works.

Unfortunately, there are a number of issues that give rise to these sorts of problems which is why it's important to make saves in this manner. Once you get into this routine though it's rare to have a problem that forces you to scrap the whole patrol.

Hope this helped.

Damo.

Lastman
11-15-13, 09:50 AM
Hi, so what happens when you start the game with SH3Commander on that career? Does it crash?

One point to note, SH3 is very finicky when it comes to savegames that were made if you are within 50km of land, near any AI units like planes, ships. At best, if you saved near a ship you sunk it will respawn it undamaged and become a 'ghost ship' in that sinking it again will give you no credit, and wasted ammo, torps. At worst, it will corrupt your save.

I always dive and listen on the hydrophone for nearby shipping before surfacing again and saving, plus I'll do 2 saves 10 minutes apart as a backup. As a rule of thumb I save my game every 2 in-game days and use a naming policy like 'P1-1', 'P1-1b' (Patrol 1, save 1 / Patrol 1, save 1 backup). I will always try and load the backup first, if that fails, I try the first save, then work backwards until it works.

Unfortunately, there are a number of issues that give rise to these sorts of problems which is why it's important to make saves in this manner. Once you get into this routine though it's rare to have a problem that forces you to scrap the whole patrol.

Hope this helped.

Damo.

the problem is not the fact i can't load a save game....it's the fact that i can't see any savegame on the load game screen in the menu.... :/\\!!

Lastman
11-15-13, 02:25 PM
no one can help me?

allievo
11-15-13, 02:43 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114438&highlight=saved+games

Just read post #13. :yeah:

Lastman
11-15-13, 03:50 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114438&highlight=saved+games

Just read post #13. :yeah:

thanks!!! :woot::woot::woot:

HW3
11-15-13, 04:11 PM
I knew there was something about adding an X to something in the saved games files, just could not remember exactly what, and where to put it. Glad someone had the answer for you.:yep:

Pisces
11-16-13, 08:52 AM
I think it doesn't have to be an 'x' specifically. Just rename the folder containing the Commander's name.