PDA

View Full Version : 'Super-port' opens for business

Jimbuna
11-07-13, 07:32 AM
A new port has opened which could create 27,000 much needed jobs as well as well as pumping as much as £2.4 Billion to the British economy and the Unite trade union are already creating a fuss.

London Gateway, the UK's newest container port, has welcomed its first vessel.
The £1.5bn facility at Thurrock, Essex, is 20 miles (32km) down the River Thames from London.
It is owned by Dubai-based DP World, which says it will be able to handle 3.5 million containers a year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-24844756

Mr Quatro
11-07-13, 04:37 PM
Are these the same people who's security company is in charge of all American shipping ports? I believe it is :yep:

You'll have to teach them the song "99 shipping containers on the wall"

Now how does that go, "99 shipping containers on the wall" X2 "take away one and you have 98 shipping containers on the wall"

wait a minute that could be the beer song oh well it goes along with the fact that these container ships just deliver the goods in shipping containers, but they don't take them back home. At least on the west coast of the USA. They are stacking them up by the thousands in LA county and they don't know what to do with the some three million shipping containers.

Hope you don't have the same problem.

Jimbuna
11-07-13, 04:40 PM
If it's as bad as you say...then neither do I :hmmm:

TarJak
11-07-13, 05:58 PM
I dunno. Britain would make a good parking lot. :hmmm:

Jimbuna
11-08-13, 03:29 AM
I dunno. Britain would make a good parking lot. :hmmm:

They tried that years ago in Liverpool :O:

TarJak
11-08-13, 05:27 AM
They succeeded on the M25.

Jimbuna
11-08-13, 05:37 AM
They succeeded on the M25.

That was planned to circumnavigate Liverpool as well originally but the cars kept going missing :)