PDA

View Full Version : I'm WHERE??!!??

nutworld
11-05-13, 05:54 PM
So, after being stupid and saving my game on 32x compression, and when I restarted my patrol. My sub and I were run over and sank to the depths, forcing me to start over with a new career.

In my hurry to get started, I forgot to check my patrol grid when starting my new career using SH3 Commander.

Next thing I know I am in my VIIB the U-48, with a start patrol starting at sea on Aug 2, 1939. My assigned patrol grid is AO98.

Neither of which I would have LIKED to have been my patrol grid and time, because I thought I set the date of my patrol to start in Sept not August.

No biggie, I can deal with it. My crew and I will just spend a couple of weeks or so boring holes in the ocean.

So my patrol has started and I see plenty of ocean, hmm..strange I THOUGHT I was going to start my patrol from Wilhelmshaven, but I guess not. Heading down to the command room, I pause to look at the map.

I am off the south coast of Africa in grid FG something.

:/\\!!:rotfl2::/\\!!:rotfl2::har::har::har:

desertstriker
11-05-13, 06:06 PM
ladies and gents this is why time compression is the devils device wonder if you have unlimited torpedos now :har: JK but a prime example of why not to save under TC though i had it happen once and i was forced to reinstall.:wah:

Herr-Berbunch
11-05-13, 06:06 PM
Either go back to a previous save and try again, or failing that working delete your SH3 folder in My Docs, and try again.

Somehow it's lost your starting location and defaulted to 0º Lat and Long.

nutworld
11-05-13, 07:17 PM
thanks Herr-Berbunch!

:salute:

the dark knight
11-06-13, 11:21 PM
And even if you try to play from that spot off of Africa, after a few minutes a destroyer will suddenly spawn, fire it's deck gun and ram you until you die. I think it is Silent Hunter trying to fix it's mistake. It happened to me a few times in the past.

Rammstein0991
11-07-13, 12:37 PM
Off location...In Africa?

BERNAAAAAARD! :stare:

Jimbuna
11-07-13, 04:33 PM
This phenomena has been known for many a year as 'The dive of death' and there is up to this point no known cure for saving the current save.

Cybermat47
11-07-13, 05:09 PM
Africa...? :o

flag4
11-07-13, 05:13 PM
So, after being stupid and saving my game on 32x compression, and when I restarted my patrol. My sub and I were run over and sank to the depths, forcing me to start over with a new career.

In my hurry to get started, I forgot to check my patrol grid when starting my new career using SH3 Commander.

Next thing I know I am in my VIIB the U-48, with a start patrol starting at sea on Aug 2, 1939. My assigned patrol grid is AO98.

Neither of which I would have LIKED to have been my patrol grid and time, because I thought I set the date of my patrol to start in Sept not August.

No biggie, I can deal with it. My crew and I will just spend a couple of weeks or so boring holes in the ocean.

So my patrol has started and I see plenty of ocean, hmm..strange I THOUGHT I was going to start my patrol from Wilhelmshaven, but I guess not. Heading down to the command room, I pause to look at the map.

I am off the south coast of Africa in grid FG something.

:/\\!!:rotfl2::/\\!!:rotfl2::har::har::har:

excellent!
I was physically shaking reading this delightful farce:up::har::har:

MORE! MORE! MORE!

nutworld...you've finished my day off...beautifully - cheers:sunny: