PDA

View Full Version : Tonight, I bow to the Dutch.

Onkel Neal
11-03-13, 07:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17yLLsE9W_o

Wow, would love to see the whole episode.:o

I bet the other singers just quit and went home.

u crank
11-03-13, 07:15 PM
Oh yeah. Amazing.

:up:

TarJak
11-03-13, 07:15 PM
Give the lass a contract now! Unbelievable voice from such a young singer.:o

Wolferz
11-03-13, 07:26 PM
Holland got talent.:up::salute:

Sailor Steve
11-03-13, 07:35 PM
More than talent, a career. She's set for life, if she wants it.

Skybird
11-03-13, 08:07 PM
Ooopsala, very impressive. :yep: For a 9 year old, one forgives that her voice was close to breaking at some high notes.

Let's see what becomes of her after the next 7 or 8 years have passed, and have passed on her physical and voice development as well. I wish her to still go to school, not doing the usual star-up-star-down stuff, and if that is what she wants to do: after school completing a classical training in singing and classical music. Because she would need it, the classical music market is extremely hard fought over, with the established stars enviously guarding their contracts - with her talent alone, she would not get far, but would get smoked. Her talent thus needs training to for lasting excellence. In the classical branch you can hardly live from just being talented and "very good". You need to be top.

Armistead
11-03-13, 11:22 PM
she's all over FB.....amazing voice

kranz
11-04-13, 03:15 AM
not bad, but still not even close to Ken Lee.

Jimbuna
11-04-13, 03:25 AM
A young talent with a bright future.

Nippelspanner
11-04-13, 04:05 AM
Alright, someone gotta say it.

Yes, very talented, very unusual, yet over-rated when you listen closely.
But: Kids do not belong on stage in my opinion.

I get sick every time I see things like that. Yeah sure she has fun at the moment for sure... but I highly question the long-time impact on her personality, development and future due to this friggin business. She is a kid. She should experience a childhood and not the early pressure of "deliver or fall behind" by managing school (most important, not open for debate) and additionally get involved into this time and energy consuming business. Lots of money is behind that crap, so much that no one really cares about her except, hopefully, her parents who, again hopefully, won't sign any stupid contracts... meh.

A more extreme example would be all these infant beauty queen crap. It is simply sick and too often crappy parents are behind this, not the kids.
Toddlers and Tiaras, anyone?

Just my 2 cents on this.

Onkel Neal
11-04-13, 09:59 AM
Yeah, you're right, there is a lot of risk to exposing a child to this much fame. Hopefully she manages it well.

In your face, Miley Cyress! :O:

Herr-Berbunch
11-04-13, 10:24 AM
A lot of talent there.

AND Chantel Janzen. :yeah:

Skybird
11-04-13, 12:16 PM
Let's keep the perspective here. She's got some talent, yes. But there are plenty of choir singers of her age, girls and especially boys, who can compete with her - easily. We heard one song of her, and an especially overdone piece. Can she do more songs than just that one? And how? Does she like singing, or are the parents pushing her?

Do not ignore the crap format of the TV show, these are "Saturday evening talent shows" for the cheering crowd. The standards in them are LOW. That somebody wins in them, does not mean that he could hold his ground amongst the pros. A boxer winning rounds on a fairground stage not necessarily could hold his ground in professional sports. A singer winning a talent show on saturday evening TV not necessarily is as good as the applause and the loud cheers of the crowd seem to imply.

The girl in that clip showed talent, and some surprisingly adult tones in her voice, yes - but also some almost-breaks and weaknesses that would prevent her from being accepted in one of the great - and very legitimately world-famous - church choires the British have, or other traditions like that. technically, it is more shine than substance what she does. That may sound rude, but that's how it is. I don't wont to spoil the party, but I want to put it a bit into perspective, a bit like Nippelspanner, too. And no, I cannot sing like that. But then, I am no standard for singing, so that rebuttal - if anyone has it on his mind - does not mean anything.

nikimcbee
11-04-13, 12:21 PM
Holland, ppst.:03:

Whatever...

Amerikan kulture uber alles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1KuhJKBBbM

I'm just going to go to beauty school.:har:

Jimbuna
11-04-13, 02:05 PM
The judges weren't expecting what this guy served up.

Just look at Piers Morgan at 0:24. Talk about judging a book by the cover.

The guy went on to win the competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCX31HlFAE

Armistead
11-04-13, 02:13 PM
The judges weren't expecting what this guy served up.

Just look at Piers Morgan at 0:24. Talk about judging a book by the cover.

The guy went on to win the competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCX31HlFAE

He's no Bocelli, but not bad...