PDA

View Full Version : Terminal Lance

Red October1984
10-29-13, 08:07 PM
Just a humor topic for those who love Military Humor like me.

Found this site on FB...it's hilarious.

Just start flipping through a few.

Terminal Lance (http://terminallance.com/)

#17...been there...done that

Herr-Berbunch
10-30-13, 09:31 AM
My favourite on FB is Dirk Steel - Speshul Forces. Very funny once you learn how to read his form of writing - see the spelling of Speshul, well it's all like that and associated things like Telly Ban (Taliban), Venuz whalers, and was at Carlos Santana in the Falklands.

It really is brilliant. :haha:

Red October1984
10-30-13, 04:29 PM
My favourite on FB is Dirk Steel - Speshul Forces. Very funny once you learn how to read his form of writing - see the spelling of Speshul, well it's all like that and associated things like Telly Ban (Taliban), Venuz whalers, and was at Carlos Santana in the Falklands.

It really is brilliant. :haha:

I'll check that out....but right now, I'm addicted to this Terminal Lance comic...

:rotfl2: The latest one I can relate to...

Stealhead
10-30-13, 04:42 PM
This one with the challenge coins is pretty funny they had those in the Air Force as well course only the desk jockeys care about them it goes off about like that when someone does start sporting one.

In the Marines a POG is anyone with a non combatant job.The Air Force equivalent would be a desk jockey(I'm sure that do something important at that desk) in comparison to a mechanic or a cop or a CE someone who works on their feet all day.

http://terminallance.com/2010/04/06/terminal-lance-27-challenge-coins-not-a-grunt-thing/

Red October1984
10-30-13, 05:03 PM
This one with the challenge coins is pretty funny they had those in the Air Force as well course only the desk jockeys care about them it goes off about like that when someone does start sporting one.

That just sounds like something a POG/Desk Jockey would do. :O:

#88 is pretty good too. :har:

Warning Language (http://terminallance.com/2010/12/13/terminal-lance-88-shiny-things/)

Herr-Berbunch
10-30-13, 05:19 PM
The Air Force equivalent would be a desk jockey(I'm sure that do something important at that desk). . .

On my old unit we called them Shineys, because their trousers were worn to a shine from all that sitting down. :D

Platapus
10-30-13, 06:44 PM
Very funny cartoons. There is something about military humour. :up:

Stealhead
10-30-13, 06:56 PM
That just sounds like something a POG/Desk Jockey would do. :O:

Warning Language (http://terminallance.com/2010/12/13/terminal-lance-88-shiny-things/)

As a civilian and not a veteran you are the ultimate POG though keep that in mind.

You really do not want to hear what active military has to say about people in JROTC or CAP or similar programs so I'll spare you but it is much harsher than what a POG gets in those programs you still can walk away and you have no binding contract or law mom and dad can help you and you can go home or sit it out on rough day you always have that fall back even if you do not use it.Military on the other hand and vets we did not have that fall back dropping out and quitting was not an option without sever consequences.And some POGs work their asses off for example intel guys often work 16 or 17 hours a day.

I know you have an interest in the military and you are in a military style program but until you are there your self and the experience is real and not vicarious you will never fully understand.You will understand what I mean one day if you do join up you'll have the "this is real" moment.And even when you are in when your an FNG you still will not have earned full respect yet from your peers and people flake out a lot in their first year and do not make it and that get "failure to adapt to military lifestyle" on their DD214.

It is a good thing to have confidence do not get me wrong but you can have confidence that you can grab a bull by the horns and then you can have actually grabbed the bull's horns.

Platapus
10-30-13, 07:04 PM

I used to have the hardest time with the squids on our base. There are only two mistakes you can make that will end your life.

1. Not Saluting a CWO.
2. Saluting a CPO.

I never could keep the different uniforms and insignia straight. That's why the AF only had one uniform. :D

Way too complicated for a dumb zoomie like me. Especially at night. :nope:

And you could tell that the CPOs were just waiting. :D Buttheads. :salute:

Red October1984
10-30-13, 10:42 PM
As a civilian and not a veteran you are the ultimate POG though keep that in mind.

You really do not want to hear what active military has to say about people in JROTC or CAP or similar programs so I'll spare you but it is much harsher than what a POG gets in those programs

Oh I know. I don't act like I'm not a POG. I know i'm the lowest on the food chain and I won't pretend that I'm better than anybody. I'm even a POG in CAP since I'm only an Airman and not Emergency Services qualified yet.

We have a lite version of military life and I know that it is not the real military.

Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the humor though. :)

I used to have the hardest time with the squids on our base. There are only two mistakes you can make that will end your life.

1. Not Saluting a CWO.
2. Saluting a CPO.

I never could keep the different uniforms and insignia straight. That's why the AF only had one uniform. :D

Way too complicated for a dumb zoomie like me. Especially at night. :nope:

And you could tell that the CPOs were just waiting. :D Buttheads. :salute:

Haha.

When I went to my camp this summer, the First Sergeant was standing just inside the door for in-processing.

I step through the door (Keep in mind I have a bag in each hand and a bag on my back. They did not issue us anything except T-Shirts. Had to buy and pack it all.):

"Afternoon, Sir!"

"I AM A SERGEANT NOT A SIR! GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN CADET!"

*walk out the door and re-enter and once again don't get a look at his insignia*

"Afternoon, Sergeant!"

"I AM THE FIRST SERGEANT AND YOU WILL ADDRESS ME AS SUCH! IS THAT UNDERSTOOD CADET?!"

"YES, 1SGT!"

"GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN CADET!"

*"Yes, 1SGT; exit; re-enter*

"Afternoon, First Ser-"

"TAKE YOUR COVER OFF INDOORS, CADET! GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN!"

*(still have all my bags in my hands)once again, exit, re-enter, REMOVE COVER*

"Afternoon, First Sergeant."

"AFTERNOON CADET!" *points to a line on the floor* "YOUWILLSTANDONMYLINENOTBEFOREMYLINENOTAFTERMYLINEY OUWILLSTANDONMYLINEISTHATUNDERSTOODCADET?!?!"

:doh:

Once I got on the line, I tried to sneak a peek at the next guy's insignia and the XO....all the way across the room (70-80 feet) comes running

"YOU WILL NOT LOOK AROUND AT ATTENTION, CADET!"

But, in fact, I had not even assumed the postition of attention considering the fact that I was instructed by the 1SGT to place my bags down at the next line.

"Yes, Sergeant!" (Oh how I made the mistake there)

"I'M A SIR! NOT A SERGEANT! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THESE DOTS STAND FOR, CADET?!" (CAP uses dots/diamonds for Officer ranks)

"Yes, SIR!"

"GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN....."

I got my crap straight after that. I knew all the insignia but it was the fact that I did not have a chance to look at them.

It was some good ol' fun. :har: Wasn't fun at the moment, but looking back, that was the most fun I had all summer. By Tuesday night, I didn't want to leave.

EDIT: The camp Dept. Commander was a girl who would chase you down no matter the distance if you passed by and didn't greet her properly.

She was the one we nicknamed Major Fail because nobody passed her inspections

Jimbuna
10-31-13, 04:37 AM
Military humour is often amongst the best out there.

Oberon
10-31-13, 08:54 AM
You might like this then:

http://www.afblues.com/wordpress/2007/07/01/07012007/

The AARSEpedia isn't a cartoon, but a very British squaddie wikipedia-esque take on the world and military equipment, needless to say dry humour and strong language abound:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/ARRSEPedia_Intro

Jimbuna
10-31-13, 09:46 AM
I was contemplating whether to post that :hmmm: