PDA

View Full Version : Which sub sim?

yoevro
10-29-13, 03:49 PM
Hi all! i'm somewhat of a newcomer here, and I was wondering if maybe some of you guys could give me a little advice here. I had SH4 a while back, and really enjoyed it, but i had to uninstall it due to lack of HD space. Since then my copy of the game has gotten lost, and i'm looking to get back into the sub sim genre. Could some of you give me some pointers on which sim is the best in terms of realism, and graphics? I really enjoyed SH4 along with TMO, and the manual TDC.

I'm really looking to get the highest level of realism possible. would SH5 be a good choice, or should i stick with 4?

Oh, and I do prefer American subs.

Thanks!
Evro

Dread Knot
10-29-13, 05:05 PM
Oh, and I do prefer American subs.

Thanks!
Evro

Welcome to the forum.

There are no USN subs in SH5, so that may simplify things a bit. The only sub you control in SH5 is a German Type VII.

Sailor Steve
10-29-13, 05:57 PM
WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

I think Dread Knot answered your question. I just want to point out that it's not a good idea to post the same question in three different forums.

That said, we hope you stick around and ask lots more questions. :yep:

yoevro
10-29-13, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the replies! looks like SH4, it is. Are there any other upcoming sims in development? kinda seems(like alot of other simulation genres) that this genre doesn't really get enough attention from Devs. it'd be a shame for it to stop here. Also, I apologize for the multiple posts. Noted!

EDIT: should i try to remove them?