PDA

View Full Version : Best car ad ever?

Cybermat47
10-28-13, 10:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfqg05uUCAA

If I was the head of Mercedes, I would make this the official ad right away :har:

Stealhead
10-28-13, 10:51 PM
What is the deal with you and the Hitler/Nazi jokes lately?

That shtick only works for Mel Brooks.

It is just a car company is Lincoln bad because their limo was used by Nixon?

Cybermat47
10-28-13, 10:59 PM
What is the deal with you and the Hitler jokes lately?

That shtick only works for Mel Brooks.

Have I been making many Hitler jokes on subsim lately? I didn't realise.

It is just a car company is Lincoln bad because their limo was used by Nixon?

I don't think it's criticising Mercedes, it's just a parody.

Stealhead
10-28-13, 11:14 PM
Have I been making many Hitler jokes on subsim lately? I didn't realise.

I don't think it's criticising Mercedes, it's just a parody.

You did start a thread the swastika and it got locked.I am pretty sure that your intent was to mock as you do not seem like a pro Nazi kind of person.It got locked something to do with a link.

Anyway I would not have called that a parody of Mercedes-Benz.Also your intent was unclear what was the parody? Was it that they made cars used by Hitler or that a particular model was bullet proof?

Here is an excellent example of a parody demonstrated by Monty Python I say this because their intent is clear actually there are several clear parodies in this skit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmGknvr_Pg

Cybermat47
10-28-13, 11:25 PM
You did start a thread the swastika and it got locked.I am pretty sure that your intent was to mock as you do not seem like a pro Nazi kind of person.It got locked something to do with a link.

It was a website about de-Nazifying the swastika and restoring it as a symbol of peace, like the Hindus use it.

Anyway I would not have called that a parody of Mercedes-Benz.Also your intent was unclear what was the parody? Was it that they made cars used by Hitler or that a particular model was bullet proof?

The car's selling point was that it 'Detects danger before it happens'. Hitler was a danger, so...

TarJak
10-29-13, 02:31 AM
Best car ad evah was 1969 version of The Italian Job.

Cybermat47
10-29-13, 02:37 AM
Best car ad evah was 1969 version of The Italian Job.

I'll check it out then.

If it can top preventing WWII, then it's got to be good :03: