PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

fettler
10-21-13, 03:40 PM
Hello all at SubSim,

I have been prompted, for a second time now, to introduce myself to fellow members.

I have been a registered member now for over a month and I don’t want you to think I am on this site just to download stuff.

The simple fact of the matter is I’m not sure how to Post….. whether it will be in the right place or seen by the right section.

I downloaded mods from your site years ago when Silent Hunter 3 was the latest thing…followed by The Grey Wolves. Followed by Silent Hunter 4, a Sim that I enjoyed till the end of the war years, and then went back to it … Modded up with 25 knots above and below the water line and a deck gun that was beyond belief… Quite Superb!!!

Then came Silent Hunter 5…. Which I eagerly bought… but thought wait a mo .. what’s this on-line Malarkey… didn’t fancy that .. so shelved it .. partly thinking they have done that so it cant be modded. Then quite by accident I came across a U-tube video by Stoianm (hope I have spelt that right). How utterly amazing this Guy has made all those tutorials, wanting surely to share the pleasure he’s got from all the hard work other people have put in …It just puts you in awe of the dedicated modders, all the time that must have been put in, and the fantastic improvements done.

So here I am .. since registering have had so much trouble with my PC had to ditch Windows XP … and start a new life with 64 bit Windows 7 .. Took an absolute age to get SH5 to even run.

Anyway it seems stable now…. So I look forward to leaving port again now well equipped.

Best wishes to all and keep up the great work, Good Hunting,

Fettler.

Jimbuna
10-21-13, 03:51 PM
Always good to see another Brit on here :salute:

Red October1984
10-21-13, 04:36 PM
Hello and Welcome to Subsim! :woot:

von Kinderei
10-21-13, 05:12 PM
Wel-come aboard Kaleun ... :/\\k:

u crank