PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Star Trek movies?

Bubblehead1980
10-16-13, 11:27 PM
Just wondering what everyone's favorite Trek movies are?

My top 5 are :

The Wrath if Khan

The Undiscovered Country

Generations(Even though still think it was stupid to kill Kirk and the Enterprise D, hate the Enterprise E)

First Contact

The Voyage Home

razark
10-16-13, 11:38 PM
I'll give you Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country (in that order), but I don't think I would go out of my way to see any of the others. I was never a big fan of TNG, and the reboot just didn't feel like true 'Trek' to me.

TarJak
10-16-13, 11:42 PM
I like the one where Obama tries to assimilate Republican politicians into a meaningful dialogue. Oh wait that was CSPAN I was watching. :O:

BrucePartington
10-17-13, 07:06 AM
Undiscovered Country by far, followed by First Contact.
Nemesis is interesting, but a bit "hollywoodesque".

I find that what sets UC apart is the far more serious plot, where Sci-Fi is merely the background environment.
I would think it's quite obvious the "mining incident" which weakens the Klingon Empire and precipitates the beginning of the end is a clear reference to Chernobyl and the former USSR.
Christopher Plummer plays a riveting General Chang, especially in the dinner scene: "There's no need to mince words, Captain. In space, all warriors are cold warriors."
Trivia: General Chang's eyepatch has three bolts that go into the skull. They all have the Klingon insignia engraved on them.

Oberon
10-17-13, 08:17 AM
I like the one where Obama tries to assimilate Republican politicians into a meaningful dialogue. Oh wait that was CSPAN I was watching. :O:

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/khangress-gov-shutdown-meme.jpg

Bubblehead1980
10-17-13, 08:24 AM
I'll give you Wrath of Khan and Undiscovered Country (in that order), but I don't think I would go out of my way to see any of the others. I was never a big fan of TNG, and the reboot just didn't feel like true 'Trek' to me.

I grew up with TNG, in fact it was my first exposure to Star Trek as I was a kid since it was a new show in production think it came on at 9 pm , which was one night I got to stay up until 10 lol. I remember adults mentioning the "old" Star Trek etc and grandfather got me a really nice set of VHS tapes with every episode of TOS for Christmas, must have watched them a thousand times, still have them, at my parents with a lot of my old stuff. I really enjoyed the original series and as have grown I grew to appreciate it and TNG equally.I never could get into DS9 or Voyager.I liked Enterprise at first but then it lost its way.

The new Trek movies are OK but nothing to rave about, I would like a return to real Trek movies, Hollywood sure knows how to ruin a good thing.

Bubblehead1980
10-17-13, 08:30 AM
Undiscovered Country by far, followed by First Contact.
Nemesis is interesting, but a bit "hollywoodesque".

I find that what sets UC apart is the far more serious plot, where Sci-Fi is merely the background environment.
I would think it's quite obvious the "mining incident" which weakens the Klingon Empire and precipitates the beginning of the end is a clear reference to Chernobyl and the former USSR.
Christopher Plummer plays a riveting General Chang, especially in the dinner scene: "There's no need to mince words, Captain. In space, all warriors are cold warriors."
Trivia: General Chang's eyepatch has three bolts that go into the skull. They all have the Klingon insignia engraved on them.

Yes, I really enjoyed that aspect of The Undiscovered Country, the wall coming down in space.The dinner scene was classic, especially when Gorkon said "We need breathing room" Kirk replies "Earth, Hitler, 1938" still makes me chuckle every time. Chekov uttering "Guess who's coming to dinner?" never gets old either nor does Chang reciting Shakespeare as he attacks lol.

Betonov
10-17-13, 08:42 AM
Undiscovered country by far.

The others were just more or less good popcorn flicks for me.

Rhodes
10-17-13, 08:52 AM
Have several favorites: ST II, ST IV, ST: TMP, First contact, ST:VI. Of the series, TOS, TNG, voyager (beginning of season 3). DS9 I only saw a few episodes of the dominion war story arc.
Enterprise should have had a different approach, season 3 is good but should had been a story for a season 4 or five, stand alone. The 4th is quite for for Trek cannon, as a few episodes of 1 and 2.

What new reboot? Do know any. At least we have this:
http://www.startrekphase2.de/

Betonov
10-17-13, 09:03 AM
I wish they'd make a full movie, even of direct to DVD, in Enterprise times how the Federation was formed. Or maybe a 5 part miniseries.
The most important political entity in the series and there's hardly anything about it

Sailor Steve
10-17-13, 09:07 AM
I'll just repeat what I said in the last 'Favorite Star Trek' thread (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174281):

My favorite Star Trek movie is still Galaxy Quest.

Admiral Halsey
10-17-13, 09:12 AM
Wrath of Khan and it's not even close.

mapuc
10-17-13, 09:56 AM
I wish they'd make a full movie, even of direct to DVD, in Enterprise times how the Federation was formed. Or maybe a 5 part miniseries.
The most important political entity in the series and there's hardly anything about it

I thought that in Star Trek: Enterprise You followed the crew and the human towards the creation of the Federation

Markus

Betonov
10-17-13, 10:16 AM
I thought that in Star Trek: Enterprise You followed the crew and the human towards the creation of the Federation

Markus

Yep, but the actual formation was a 10s clip.
No negotiations between future members that still have issues, no memorable actions that would prove Earth as the leader in formation, no sabotages from the Romulans and Klingons that would view an alliance like that a serious threat. Nothing

Wolferz
10-17-13, 10:29 AM
As a Trekker, not a Trekkie, I like them all.:up:
It takes a Tribble to resurrect a Captain Kirk after your plot kills him...
It averts a catastrophic paradox.:hmmm:

If only Kahngress would take the hint.

Rhodes
10-17-13, 11:11 AM
Better than the Birth of the Federation, would be the Romullan-Earth war!

Sailor Steve
10-17-13, 11:15 AM
As a Trekker, not a Trekkie...
Something said by every Trekkie I've ever known. :O:

Oberon
10-17-13, 12:04 PM
Better than the Birth of the Federation, would be the Romullan-Earth war!

x449382834828939x109999999999999999 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zEGRO0lkAc)

Jimbuna
10-17-13, 12:14 PM
Probably Wrath of Khan but I don't consider any to be that special...much preferred watching the series episodes.

fred8615
10-17-13, 12:31 PM
Call me crazy, but I've always considered the first movie one of my favorites. It's the most "sci-fi" of all the movies. The version where they updated/fixed the special effects is even better.

Rhodes
10-17-13, 01:33 PM
x449382834828939x109999999999999999 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zEGRO0lkAc)
:):up: Coded Romulan transmission, eih?

Wolferz
10-17-13, 03:00 PM
Something said by every Trekkie I've ever known. :O:

Even the ones who show up at all the conventions dressed in crew uniform and Klingon face makeup? Those are the real Trekkies. They put the fan in fanatic.:salute:
I don't do crowds so I dress up at home..err.... Nobody saw me. You can't prove anything. :03::D

mapuc
10-17-13, 03:17 PM
Even the ones who show up at all the conventions dressed in crew uniform and Klingon face makeup? Those are the real Trekkies. They put the fan in fanatic.:salute:
I don't do crowds so I dress up at home..err.... Nobody saw me. You can't prove anything. :03::D

If it haven't been for my economical situation and that almost everyone of these convention has been in USA I for sure would have been visiting everyone of them.

Markus

Wolferz
10-17-13, 04:35 PM
If it haven't been for my economical situation and that almost everyone of these convention has been in USA I for sure would have been visiting everyone of them.

Markus
Nothing wrong with pursuing a passion.:woot:

Cybermat47
10-17-13, 04:55 PM
Don't look at me, I only just started watching the series.

Bubblehead1980
10-17-13, 05:05 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/khangress-gov-shutdown-meme.jpg

LOL

Sailor Steve
10-17-13, 05:12 PM
Exactly. I once worked with a guy who could do perfect Klingon makeup and costume, and regularly did so for local theaters when a new movie appeared. When I called him a Trekkie he said "I'm not a Trekkie, I'm a Trekker. there's a difference you know."

I replied with the same comment I made above. I'm not a Babbie, though I love B-5, and I'm not a Browncoat, though I love Firefly. I don't do dress-up at all, but I freely admit to being a WhoNut.

Skybird
10-17-13, 05:27 PM
Best movie: actually two, ST-6 The Undiscovered Country, and ST-8 First Contact.

ST-IV Voyage Home was funny, ST-2 Wrath Of Khan quite typical for STC.

Actually I liked ST-9 Insurrection very much, right because it was so relatively calm.

ST1 and ST7 Generations killed my nerves. ST-5 also was very weak.

Other favorites of mine are various single episodes from DS9, there are several really beautiful and charming ones, and some episodes from the later seasons of TNG. Good character constellations like in Classical ST they all had. Very few episodes only from Voyager.

Classical ST: I still like the three main characters, but I cannot stand the series anymore, it is too - too 70s. Probably an age issue. You just grow beyond things.

All in all, I still like the Star Trek universe. Feels familiar, and like a holidy ressort in my fantasy. But the new movies by Abrams just raise the hairs in my neck. I exclude them from Star Trek.

razark
10-17-13, 05:40 PM
I grew up with TNG, in fact it was my first exposure to Star Trek as I was a kid since it was a new show in production think it came on at 9 pm , which was one night I got to stay up until 10 lol. I remember adults mentioning the "old" Star Trek etc and grandfather got me a really nice set of VHS tapes with every episode of TOS for Christmas, must have watched them a thousand times, still have them, at my parents with a lot of my old stuff. I really enjoyed the original series and as have grown I grew to appreciate it and TNG equally.I never could get into DS9 or Voyager.I liked Enterprise at first but then it lost its way.
I grew up watching TOS in reruns, but the first I had ever seen was The Voyage Home in the theater. I caught TNG when it first started and that season really wasn't great, so I never really caught on to it until maybe the last half of the last season. DS9, and Voyager I passed up on. Enterprise I only caught in reruns. I thought it had a good idea, and got a good start. Then the third season came with the season-long arc. That ruined the whole idea, and it didn't recover. Shame.

Rhodes
10-17-13, 05:46 PM
I replied with the same comment I made above. I'm not a Babbie, though I love B-5, and I'm not a Browncoat, though I love Firefly. I don't do dress-up at all, but I freely admit to being a WhoNut.

Thought that the term is Whovian!:06:

mapuc
10-17-13, 06:21 PM
I grew up with

raumschiff enterprise

was guite astonished when I heard them speak english for the first time, after we had moved to Sweden.

Markus

Oberon
10-17-13, 06:21 PM
Rating the films...well, here goes...

ST1 - Good for its time, enjoyed the scenes with V'ger but suffered from the cast and crew finding its feet in a film environment.

ST2 - One of the best, a classic, and Montelban as Khan is one of the best Trek villains, with that right amount of arrogance and pride, the battle scenes were also very well done. Genesis was a bit of a poor shoehorned plotline but it didn't really get in the way of the film.

ST3 - Yeah...not even Doc Brown could save this one. A few classic scenes, like stealing the Enterprise but generally not that brilliant.

ST4 - Hilarious, a complete change of pace for Star Trek, but well played. Another classic.

ST5 - Yeah...it's obvious they wanted to go places with this film, but it ends up falling on its face, unlike III you won't miss any of the storyline if you skip this one.

ST6 - One of my personal favourites, if not the favourite, the political comparisons between the Federation/Klingon 'glasnost' and real life events taking place at the time are well made (including a Klingon Adele Stevenson), Christopher Plummer makes the best Klingon ever portrayed in Star Trek, hands down (Sorry Michael Dorn and John Hertzler) and the final battle is the best film battle since Khan. A fitting, perfect, send off for the original series crew.

ST7 - The introduction of TNG, some nice moments in this, but unfortunately it chose to try and cram in the Original Series as well as its own and suffers for it. Deanna crashes the Enterprise.

ST8 - A much improved TNG outing, an excellent opening battle, very good tension throughout, Cromwell on top form, and the storyline ticks all the good Trek storyline boxes. Time travel, Borg, good stuff.

ST9 - A change of pace, as Skybird said, is probably the best way to describe this one. It's not as bad as some would have you believe, but it's not as good as the one that preceded it.

ST10 - Could have been so much more, the Romulans had been crying out for a decent film since their brief appearance in 6, unfortunately this shunts the Romulans into the background and focuses more on a Picard clone and the Remans. A lot of potential lost there. Deanna crashes the Enterprise again.

AST1 - THEY DESTROYED ROMULUS!! :nope: Otherwise, not brilliant, again the Romulans are abused, the battle scenes are a bit overdue but some of the cast are pretty good, Pine makes a fairly good Kirk, Quinto an average Spock, and the chap who plays Sulu is quite good too, if a bit neglected in this film. I would like it a bit more if they hadn't have screwed so much with the main timeline to make this one...I mean...Romulus!! :wah:

AST2 - WHY?! WHYWHYWHYWHYWHY?! WHYYYYYYYYY?! (Delilah) *ahem*
This was shaping up to be a fairly good film, for Abrams at least, lots of nice little references to the canon, although the more Star Wars looking Starfleet uniforms bugged me, and even this 'Harrison' guy looked interesting and well played by Cumberbatch who is a good actor....and then he utters that one name, that one fateful name, and ruined the whole bloody film. Remove the name and change the character, and it's not that bad. I don't like the ship design of the Vengeance, but the Klingon ships look nice, although the Klingons themselves don't.

In short with the Abrams films, as films themselves they're not bad, they're watchable, but if you watch them comparing them to the normal Star Trek, yeah, it's not pretty, my wife will testify to this and her embarrassment as we got to the critical revelation in 'Into Darkness' and I nearly destroyed the cinema in frustration that Abrams had taken such a bloody cop-out.
So whilst I won't condemn them, since I'm just happy to have some Trek rather than none at all, I won't hold them up to the same light as the normal canon series, but consider them as what they are, an offshoot...a homage perhaps, sometimes not a very well made one, but it tries.

The Series.
TOS - Got to confess I haven't seen much of these, well...I have but I was so young at the time I can't actually remember much of them. They do show their age a bit, but there are some episodes such as Balance of Terror and The Trouble with Tribbles that transcend time and are still very entertaining today...and I don't just say that because Balance of Terror has Romulans in it. :O: Given how much it was based on 'The Enemy Below' any Subsimmer should check out 'Balance of Terror'.

TAS - Often overlooked, I can just about remember a couple of the episodes. If TOS looks old, these look even more so, it never really caught on as a series and didn't last long, but there were a couple of good bits, again though I was so young I can't actually remember most of it.

TNG - The first series I actually got hooked to in my teenage years, at first I dismissed it (I'd even forgotten watching TOS in my youth by then) but then it drew me in and it made me a Trekker. Struggles a bit in the first two seasons but by season three it's grown it's beard (:03:) and is onto a winning formula.

DS9 - Another slow starter, but the background and storyline to it is top notch. Proper story arcs develop for longer than three episodes, a first in Trek history IIRC, and when the Dominion come onto the scene, it really finds its feet. Very dark in places, it's my favourite of the Star Trek series, and naturally I recommend it.

VOY - I wanted to love Voyager, Mulgrew does a good job as the first female main character captain (not the first female Starfleet captain in Trek, that was the captain of the USS Saratoga in STIV :03:) but the writing just doesn't hold the series together, and by the time they resort to bringing a pair of Borg enhanced boobs on board to boost the fanbase (no offence to Jeri Ryan, but that's the primary reason Seven of Nine was brought on board and it's pretty obvious) you know that the show is struggling. Had the potential to have a seriously good 'Borg arc' like DS9s Dominion arc, but instead decided to neuter the Borg completely as a Trek villain. It has its good moments, and the wife is a big fan, but I find it hard to take seriously a lot of the time.

ENT - A good attempt, but suffered from terrible writing from the off. By the time they actually got some good writers in (Season 3) the writing was already on the wall (pardon the pun) and it died just while it was getting good.

There, I was going to hold off but I am, at heart, a Trekker, or to be more precise a Niner, a big Romulan fan, and a hopeless nerd for Star Trek, so there you go. :03:

mapuc
10-17-13, 06:25 PM
How many of these 10 ST movies do you have?

How many season of the ST-series do you have
(TOS)
(TAS)
(TNG)
(DS9)
(VOY)
(ENT)(Can't remember the abbri for this series)

Markus

Sailor Steve
10-17-13, 06:33 PM
Thought that the term is Whovian!:06:
Saying you're a Whovian is like saying you're a Trekker - it's a snobbish way of trying to look down on all the other nutjobs. "I'm not one of THEM!" :O:

Oberon
10-17-13, 06:48 PM
How many of these 10 ST movies do you have?

How many season of the ST-series do you have
(TOS)
(TAS)
(TNG)
(DS9)
(VOY)
(ENT)(Can't remember the abbri for this series)

Markus

I have ST1-10 on VCR, scattered episodes of TNG on VCR (Best of Both Worlds, Relics, All Good Things), most of seasons 5,6, and 7 of DS9 on VCR, and a couple of episodes of Voyager on VCR. The Abbri for Enterprise is ENT, so you're right there. :up: The wife has, I think, all of Voyager on DVD, I've been meaning to do the same thing for DS9 but the costs of the boxsets are a tad restrictive. :wah:

mapuc
10-17-13, 06:55 PM
I have ST1-10 on VCR, scattered episodes of TNG on VCR (Best of Both Worlds, Relics, All Good Things), most of seasons 5,6, and 7 of DS9 on VCR, and a couple of episodes of Voyager on VCR. The Abbri for Enterprise is ENT, so you're right there. :up: The wife has, I think, all of Voyager on DVD, I've been meaning to do the same thing for DS9 but the costs of the boxsets are a tad restrictive. :wah:

I got 1-10 movies(DVD)
TOS=3 season(DVD)
TAS=0
TNG=7 season(DVD)
DS9=0(going to buy when the come cheap)
VOY=7 Season(DVD)

+ some different stuff, such as a mug, pencil, and a poster with the old NC 1701-A

Oh by the way did you know they have made a special edition of this "Best of both world" it ran in the Cinema througout the states a few month ago. It was in HD and it was about 2 hoir long. I almost cried when I heard about it and it is not coming to my country and probably not even on DVD region 2 :wah::wah:

Markus

razark
10-17-13, 07:07 PM
Movies: Wrath of Khan (DVD), possible 1,3 taped off TV somewhere

TOS: Full Set of (DVD)
TAS: Full Set (DVD)
TNG: 0
DS9: 0
VOY: 0
ENT: 0, but the wife has Season 4 box, and I think she may have the rest in acquired format

Oberon
10-17-13, 07:31 PM
Oh by the way did you know they have made a special edition of this "Best of both world" it ran in the Cinema througout the states a few month ago. It was in HD and it was about 2 hoir long. I almost cried when I heard about it and it is not coming to my country and probably not even on DVD region 2 :wah::wah:

Markus

I heard too :wah: You might get lucky about the HD version though, since the re-release of TNG in Blu-Ray has been ticking along, which is where all the new out-takes that have never been released before have been appearing on youtube from, and I do believe that they are available in Region B (Europe) so if you are lucky enough to have a Blu-Ray player, that's where the special edition Best of Both Worlds comes from I do believe.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/TNG_Season_3_Blu-ray

mapuc
10-17-13, 07:38 PM
I heard too :wah: You might get lucky about the HD version though, since the re-release of TNG in Blu-Ray has been ticking along, which is where all the new out-takes that have never been released before have been appearing on youtube from, and I do believe that they are available in Region B (Europe) so if you are lucky enough to have a Blu-Ray player, that's where the special edition Best of Both Worlds comes from I do believe.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/TNG_Season_3_Blu-ray

I have a recordable Blue-Ray player.

If this special edition comes to Europe(English) I'm going to buy it, that's for sure.

Markus

Oberon
10-17-13, 07:43 PM
I have a recordable Blue-Ray player.

If this special edition comes to Europe(English) I'm going to buy it, that's for sure.

Markus

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Trek-Generation-Worlds-Blu-ray/dp/B00B5A1VY8/ref=pd_sim_d_h__7

There you go. Should be region free apparently, I didn't know Blu-ray did that. :up:

mapuc
10-17-13, 07:57 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Trek-Generation-Worlds-Blu-ray/dp/B00B5A1VY8/ref=pd_sim_d_h__7

There you go. Should be region free apparently, I didn't know Blu-ray did that. :up:

But a little question though is it the same as this?

http://www.startrek.com/article/the-best-of-both-worlds-in-theaters-april-25

Markus

Oberon
10-17-13, 08:12 PM
But a little question though is it the same as this?

http://www.startrek.com/article/the-best-of-both-worlds-in-theaters-april-25

Markus

As far as I am aware, it is, according to the Amazon page it came out on the 29th April, and it features the same features as the Blu-Ray that's mentioned in the article. I might be wrong, but for £8 (or whatever it translates to in your area) it's worth a shot. :up:

Rhodes
10-18-13, 05:07 AM
Saying you're a Whovian is like saying you're a Trekker - it's a snobbish way of trying to look down on all the other nutjobs. "I'm not one of THEM!" :O:
Did not know that as the term Whonut. I am also a trekker or a trekkie, do not mind or care what term is used, geek also. But what I real am is a connaisseur! :O:

Skybird
10-18-13, 07:04 AM
Amazing how much we agree on assessing the elements of the ST film universe, Oberon.

Is there a single episode that stands out against the others, in your memory? For me it probably is DS9: His Way, from I think the 6th season. Charming. Simply charming, and very amusing (and well played!) .

I got hooked on DS9 from early on, but for a different reason. It was the main actor, Avery Brooks. He played Hawk in Spenser before, and that series I loved, and still love. His appearances in Spenser were - well, "special"... :D DS9, like TNG, needed two seasons or so to get things and characters settled, but did so faster than TNG, I think. Plenty of good individual episodes in there, nice mixture of drama and humour. If they managed to even make you feel sympathy with Ferenghis, than they really must have done some magic! The interlinking with TNG due to taking over some of the characters, was a clever move.

Most unliked character: Wesley Crusher. TNG immediately jumped upwards on my appreciation scale when they toned him down somewhat.

BrucePartington
10-18-13, 07:51 AM
Yes, I really enjoyed that aspect of The Undiscovered Country, the wall coming down in space.The dinner scene was classic, especially when Gorkon said "We need breathing room" Kirk replies "Earth, Hitler, 1938" still makes me chuckle every time. Chekov uttering "Guess who's coming to dinner?" never gets old either nor does Chang reciting Shakespeare as he attacks lol.

Gorkon - quote: "Gorkon's name was devised by Denny Martin Flinn (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Denny_Martin_Flinn). It was crafted as a blending of the surnames of Mikhail Gorbachev (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev) and Abraham Lincoln (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln)." http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Gorkon.

BTW, "We need breathing room." was Chang's (the war monger).

Gorkon was played by David Warner, who also played the main Cardassian vilain Gul Madred in TNG episodes "Chain of command" 1&2, and a few other characters. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/David_Warner

Regarding ST Enterprise (because it was brought up), I quite liked it. Ordered the complete series from Amazon (before signing up to Subsim).
It was cut short because it wasn't getting the ratings they expected, which accounts for the hasty wrap-up, quite noticeable in the last episode. It lacks all the intrigue and resistance that always comes with the birth of any federation. This in itself would provide plenty of potentially interesting episodes. Too bad the world now revolves around dehumanized corporate quotas.

Rhodes
10-18-13, 10:35 AM
Regarding ST Enterprise (because it was brought up), I quite liked it. Ordered the complete series from Amazon (before signing up to Subsim).
It was cut short because it wasn't getting the ratings they expected, which accounts for the hasty wrap-up, quite noticeable in the last episode. It lacks all the intrigue and resistance that always comes with the birth of any federation. This in itself would provide plenty of potentially interesting episodes. Too bad the world now revolves around dehumanized corporate quotas.
Yes, but they did fail in the large concept of the series being a prequel one. Time cold-war? Why? What did it have to do with the latter forms of ST universe? They could had the romulans being the shadow players and lead the series to the romulan-earth war.
They trash several continuity subjects, even the technology in ENT some time was more advance that the one portrait in Voyager.
Only season 4 did bring what was suppose to be "the prequel series" and not all the episodes were good at it.
The first 2 seasons had good episodes in that matter, I liked the all Vulcan-Andorian aproach, even if the Vulcans didn't act like they should. Season 3 should had been a season placed in the middle of a 6 or more seasons show, like the episodes that are "what if" and then in the end every thing is back to normal. And again with that season, Nazis from outer space... Because even if aliens would had show up in Germany in the WW2 years and help them conquer the word, after more than a 2 centuries after, things would be the same like in 1945.

STEED
10-19-13, 04:44 AM
Star Trek The Wrath of Khan,The Undiscovered Country & TNG First Contact

As for the "alternate reality" ones, every copy of those films must be burnt and erased from history and never spoken about ever again.

Bubblehead1980
10-19-13, 07:34 AM
Gorkon - quote: "Gorkon's name was devised by Denny Martin Flinn (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Denny_Martin_Flinn). It was crafted as a blending of the surnames of Mikhail Gorbachev (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Mikhail_Gorbachev) and Abraham Lincoln (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln)." http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Gorkon.

BTW, "We need breathing room." was Chang's (the war monger).

Gorkon was played by David Warner, who also played the main Cardassian vilain Gul Madred in TNG episodes "Chain of command" 1&2, and a few other characters. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/David_Warner

Oops, how I typed Gorkon instead of Change, not sure.Thanks for the correction:salute: Kirk's response was classic though, and Spock's expression lol.

Bubblehead1980
10-19-13, 07:39 AM
Star Trek The Wrath of Khan,The Undiscovered Country & TNG First Contact

As for the "alternate reality" ones, every copy of those films must be burnt and erased from history and never spoken about ever again.

I just wish they had stayed away from the alternate reality/time travel crap.Could have made them decent movies without. The cameo for Nimoy could have been accomplished in a reflect or dream sequence etc. Destroying Vulcan home planet etc Nero did not even look like a Romulan really. The guy they had playing Khan. Overall, I like the two Abram's movies but can be too much. One big problem I have is how kirk went from cadet to captain suddenly LOL Killing off Pike was stupid as well.

I hope TNG gets another movie, with a proper budget and script and can make a real trek movie before they all get too old. They could make one to be their swan song, as The Undiscovered Country was for the original series.

mapuc
10-19-13, 08:46 AM
It's almost time for my own annual Star Trek Marathon

I start with watching the 10 movies and then I continue to the series

Enterprise(it is the newest of them all, however the timeframe is before James T kirk and his crew)
TOS
Don't know if I should get TAS
TNG
Have to get DS9
VOY

Rhodes
10-19-13, 09:38 AM
Don't know if I should get TAS

TAS is good even if it's a cartoon show and now is considered half-canon. A few episodes were based on scripts for TOS that didn't went to production do to the series cancellation and for episodes of Star Trek:Phase II.

mapuc
10-19-13, 12:28 PM
TAS is good even if it's a cartoon show and now is considered half-canon. A few episodes were based on scripts for TOS that didn't went to production do to the series cancellation and for episodes of Star Trek:Phase II.

Seen some episode on youtube and what's also great with these Star Trek cartoon series is that the original crew from TOS is behind the cartooned character

By the way, after I had posted my answer above a thought came into my mind

Wonder if I could get DS9 cheaper this time? Last time I toke a look at pricerunner, the complete collection costs 999 Dkr(ca 172$)

I was very lucky I found it through a company named FONA(they sell TV, Blue-Ray player, computer a.s.o) they wanted 399 Dkr(ca 69 $)

It's almost Christmas you know, so I gave my self this as a Christmas present.

Markus

Rhodes
10-19-13, 06:57 PM
Seen some episode on youtube and what's also great with these Star Trek cartoon series is that the original crew from TOS is behind the cartooned character

By the way, after I had posted my answer above a thought came into my mind

Wonder if I could get DS9 cheaper this time? Last time I toke a look at pricerunner, the complete collection costs 999 Dkr(ca 172$)

I was very lucky I found it through a company named FONA(they sell TV, Blue-Ray player, computer a.s.o) they wanted 399 Dkr(ca 69 $)

It's almost Christmas you know, so I gave my self this as a Christmas present.

Markus

Know what you mean, I am thinking of a new lens, or finally a leica m6 from me to me on xmas!